It's Easy to Communicate When Your Mouth Isn't Sewn Shut

"I'm sorry. You what?" You questioned, eyes wide as you stared at Raphael.

"I asked Lucifer to help you to decompress," Raphael answered simply, unbothered. "You weren't going to sleep any time soon and frankly it was the most logical solution." 

"...I'm going to need you to explain your thought process," you said, narrowing your eyes. 

"Intercourse is not only a means of reproduction but a form of pleasure and stress relief, both of those were things you required," Raphael reasoned. "Stress relief more than pleasure but that is something you would call an added bonus."

"Okay, who pushed the factory reset button?" You snorted, licking at your ice cream cone.

It was the day after your endeavour with Lucifer and you were craving ice cream. As always, you let Raphael know where you were going and he decided that he had enough time to come with you. It wasn't a problem, you enjoyed it when Raphael joined you on small excursions. Unfortunately, a situation arose when you apologized for not letting him know that you needed a bit of privacy the other night. Raphael just waved you off and said that he tuned himself out before Lucifer even got to the House of the Blessed.

"I'm a logical being," Raphael huffed, waving his hand. "It only makes sense that I do logical things."

"Uh-huh," you said with a curt nod. "The thing is, you haven't spoken to me in that robot tone since we first met. What's going on?" Your eyes narrowed as you watched Raphael's wings flip in annoyance.

"It isn't anything you need to be concerned with," Raphael humphed, turning his attention to the other picnic tables with families enjoying their ice cream.

"Okay, I'm just going to list off subjects and see which ones you react to," you said, rolling your eyes at his dismissiveness. You caught Raphael sneaking a smug glance at you before returning his attention to the families around the ice cream parlour. "Demons running rampant, Castiel, people chewing with their mouths open, me, the fucking Winchesters?" As if on cue, you heard the roar of a Chevy '67 Impala's engine coming around the corner. "There is no way," you whispered, peeling your eyes from Raphael to check if the Impala did belong to Sam and Dean. '67 Impalas were fairly rare but there were times when you would see one and it wouldn't be Sam or Dean at the wheel, something Dean would never allow if it was his car. Yeah, it was, in fact, the Winchesters and Castiel. "Chuck really needs to get a life."

"Watch it," Raphael warned but you could hear the teasing tone he was trying to hide.

"With the amount of times I have run into those two, I'm positive Chuck has altered things in some way," you chuckled, politely waving hi to the Winchesters. Sam and Dean both raised one of their hands in greeting while Castiel waved back, politely nodding in Raphael's direction. Raphael nodded back, opting to be polite to Castiel. While you wouldn't say the two of them were on good terms, Castiel and Raphael had a healthy respect for each other considering the situations they have put one another in. "You can't tell me it's not a coincidence."

"I suppose it is a fair assumption," Raphael said, resting his hands on the picnic table. "But it could also be a coincidence."

"I guess we'll never know," you chuckled, catching Raphael's wings twitching. Suddenly, you realized what was bothering Raphael so much. While Raphael hasn't used his robot voice on you since the day you met, he has used it on plenty of others he's been displeased with. More often than not, it was in reference to the Winchesters but there was the odd time when his robot voice was brought out in reference to Lucifer. You recalled when you woke up that morning, feeling that familiar presence of Raphael through the Blessing before it disappeared as quickly as it came. "Raphael?" you whispered, leaning forward. "Are you uncomfortable with my relationship with Lucifer?"