Nothing Like the Devil to Make You Feel Alive as You're Running for Your Life

You watched from around a building as Sam and Dean walked into the town's surrounding forest. They were heading straight for William Jasper's farm where the Devil was planning on raising the Fourth Horseman, Death. He was by far one of the most terrifying villains in the show. You loved Death's entrance and found it as memorable, if not more, than Castiel's entrance to the show. Death has also been the only being Dean has ever shown pure fear to. You've also seen plenty of posts on forums and fandom pages that said Death wasn't a villain nor was he a hero. Death was the only character in the show who was completely neutral, only caring about the Natural Order and keeping it in order. 

Either way, you were both scared and excited for Death to make an appearance.

"Should I catch up to them?" you asked Raphael, keeping your voice down.

"Stay a few paces behind them," Raphael said after a moment. "They are very close to confronting Lucifer. Be careful and only step in if necessary."

"Got it," you said, quietly following Sam and Dean into the forest. 

That proved to be a difficult feat. It seemed all the dead twigs and leaves were circling over to you and where ever you stepped. You silently cursed those dead plants for making your footsteps a little louder than what they would normally be. Now, you weren't exactly concerned with the Winchesters hearing your footsteps but you sure as Hell was concerned about Lucifer and his minions hearing you. Hell, he's probably already heard you and the Winchesters starting to approach. The ears Archangels have on them are scary as all Hell. 

"Hey," Sam shouted from the open field, walking through the group of demons surrounding Lucifer as he filled the mass grave of his own creation. You ducked behind some very thick bushes to watch the whole thing play out and jump in should things not play out. And, if you needed to, you'd run without hesitation. "You wanted to see me?"

"Well, Sam," Lucifer said, dropping his shovel and slowly walking away from his hole. "You don't need that gun here." Lucifer pointed at Sam's gun before smiling at him. "You know I'd never hurt you. Not really." As Lucifer kept most of his attention on Sam, you watched Dean sneak up the large pile of dirt and point the Colt right at Lucifer's head. The smile that was once gracing Lucifer's face disappeared, replaced with annoyance when he heard Dean's voice.

"Yeah? Well, I'd hurt you," Dean said, cocking the gun. Lucifer turned to face Dean, staring him down. "So, suck it." Dean fired the Colt and the monster-killing bullet went right into Lucifer's brain. Lucifer's knees buckled as he collapsed back to the ground. While Sam and Dean were smiling and saying that they did it, you were trying to hold back a wince. 

The Blessing notified you of any danger or angelic presence in your near vicinity. It was burning hot for the demons in front of you but it did something much different for Lucifer. That shit was burning cold. Like the world's worst case of frostbite. You flexed your hand to try and alleviate some of the pain but it only got worse. It took every fibre of your being to stop yourself from wincing in pain and giving your location away. The Blessing was burning so much that you felt tears prick your eyes. 

Raphael, you begged in prayer, is there any way you can get this thing to lighten up? It hurts so much.

"I'll try to alleviate it," Raphael said quickly. It was quick and you have never felt so much relief in your life. While there was still some lingering pain, it wasn't nearly as painful as it was earlier and you could fully concentrate. "That's all I can do for you."

And it's perfect, you prayed, thanking him. All you got for a response was a feeling of gratitude wash over you from the Blessing.

"Owwwww," Lucifer groaned, still laying on the ground. He took a breath before finally standing up. Sam and Dean stared in shock as Lucifer held his temple with a sizable bullet hole in his forehead. "Where did you get that?" He asked Dean, pointing at the Colt. You shook your head as Dean stared, at a loss for words. When Dean didn't answer him, Lucifer landed an uppercut on Dean's jaw, making the man soar right into a nearby tree. Dean grunted before passing out as Sam stared between him and Lucifer. "Now," Lucifer said with a smile on his face as the bullet wound disappeared, "where were we?"