Archangels Are the Biggest Assholes

"And you're sure we don't have to eat anything," Lucifer grumbled, adjusting the cuffs of his shirt.

"Did you eat the last time?" you asked, raising a brow.

"No," Lucifer said, huffing.

"Then you're not expected to now," you reasoned, shrugging. "Just decline anything if you don't want it."

"It's going to be weird if I'm the only one who doesn't eat," Lucifer sighed, his wings twitching behind him.

"Is the Big Bad Devil scared of social norms?" you snorted. "Relax, I told Jodi about your hate for food, no one's expecting you to eat or drink."

"Are you sure about that?" Gabriel asked, nodding to the '67 Impala nearby. "Something tells me one of them's gonna say it's rude not to eat."

"Since when does Lucifer care about what the Winchesters think?" you said. "When have any of you cared about what the Winchesters thought?"

The other day, you got a call from a number you didn't recognize. Now, you were suspicious but it turned out to just be Jodi inviting you and the Archangels to her place for dinner. Raphael, who's since lightened up on keeping an eye on you, was just in the other room and heard your conversation loud and clear. He immediately informed his brothers about the invitation before jump-scaring you, telling you that everyone would be happy to attend. Well, Lucifer would tolerate the dinner but Jodi didn't need to know that. Everything was sorted out, each Archangel's individual duties would be taken care of by Chuck and Amara. The two of them were happy to help, splitting the duties just as Michael and Raphael had done over 200 thousand years ago. Jodi mentioned that Sam, Dean, and Castiel would be there with Bobby but she was still waiting for Rufus to answer her voicemail. You knew it wouldn't be a problem, everyone was good at being civil with the Winchesters but you still gave the angels a heads-up.

"Never have, never will," Lucifer responded with a confident smile.

"I seem to remember the both of us needing their approval, Lucifer," Michael hummed. "They were quite stubborn during the Apocalypse."

"You two weren't that much better," you snorted, walking up Jodi's driveway. "Come on, I'm hungry."

Raphael was close behind you as you lead the angels to Jodi's front door. Jodi was already there with the door open and a welcoming smile on her face, gesturing for all of you to come in. Her home was warm and comfy with cozy seating and photos of her late family on display. You and the Archangels walked inside, each thanking Jodi for the invitation. Gabriel even brought a pie that he made himself to both say thank you and to defuse Dean if he got annoying or snarky. Jodi took the pie with a smile before glancing at you, having heard of Gabriel's tendencies from Sam and Dean. Castiel even backed up the claims with the last experience he had with his older brother.

"Hey," Jodi said your name, gesturing for you to follow her. "I need a little help..."

"Sure," you said, following her to the kitchen as the Archangels went into the living room. "What's up?"

"Is the pie safe?" Jodi asked, her voice quiet as she set the pie on the counter. "I've heard stories from the boys and I'm a little..."

"Apprehensive?" you finished with an amused smile. Jodi nodded, an embarrassed look on her face as she scratched the back of her neck. "Yeah, I get it, Gabriel can be a little nuts," you said, waving a hand. "Don't worry about the pie, Michael and Raphael both checked it to make sure it is consumable for humans. There maybe just a little too much sugar but no one's going to end up in the hospital."

"Oh, thank G..." Jodi cut herself off before uttering the word.

"Good catch," you laughed, pulling your gloves off. "Do you really need some help back here or did you just want to ask me about the pie without being rude?"