When I Said, "How Stupid Can You Be?" It Wasn't a Challenge

"Can we take a break?"

"Do you think I got one?"

"...No."

"You just answered your own question," you laughed, offering your hand to Aleksei. Both of your angels believed that it was a good idea for Aleksei to train under you. It would not only give you a bonding opportunity but also help you learn how to take command of the other blessed. With Aleksei being the youngest, logically, he would be the hardest to control. You argued that it was much harder to teach an old dog new tricks rather than a puppy but the angels stood by what they said. So, you and Aleksei started training every day with both angels' supervision. Occasionally, one of them would need to slip out for their Angelic Duties but neither would leave you alone for safety purposes. You were grateful for it but two dangerous angels looming over you would put a lot of pressure on anyone. Especially since Zadkiel had a resting bitch face and had the vessel of a stereotypical serial killer. It looked like nothing impressed the guy. But, Aleksei had told you that he was incredibly kind and caring towards all of the Blessed. So, you guessed you really shouldn't judge. Didn't mean you were any less intimidated though.

"Thanks," Aleksei said, taking your hand. You hoisted him onto his feet. An idea bubbled in your mind and you let it take over. You and Aleksei were training with knives that day and you both had a wooden knife in your hands. By some miracle, Aleksei didn't drop his knife and was still holding on to it. Maybe he'd be smart and use it? You smirked as you pulled Aleksei to his feet and put your knife right to Aleskei's sternum. Aleksei's smile dropped as he sighed. "Really?"

"There is no such thing as a fair fight, Aleksei," you said, stepping away from him. "If there is a cheap shot, take it. It could save your life."

"And how would you know that?" Aleksei said, almost out of instinct. He paled as he realized what words came out. "I-"

"No, no, no," you laughed. "I'll gladly answer. Let's see," you said, over-exaggerating a pondering look. "I used to live on the street. I Hunt monsters to keep people safe. And I've killed at least three grown men."

Aleksei cringed and nodded, realizing the error of his words. "Okay, I get it."

"Tell you what," you said, spinning the fake knife in your hand. "Land three hits on me, and we're done for the day."

"Really?" Aleksei asked, stars in his eye.

"Yes," you said, smirking. "I'm getting tired of smelling your BO." 

Aleksei let out a sarcastic laugh as he took his stance, raising his knife. You sorted at Aleksei's stance and told him that it was way too wide to be practical. Aleksei begrudgingly fixed his stance before springing at you, knife ready. You smiled as you spun out of the way, knowing that Aleksei was going to do that. What you didn't expect was Aleksei grabbing your wrist and pulling you back towards him. You were impressed with Aleksei's quick thinking but didn't allow him to get a hit on you that easily. Aleksei left an opening in his stomach. While you couldn't get your knife to Aleksei's stomach, your leg was in a perfect position to get a kick to Aleksei's solar plexus. So that's what you did. The action caused Aleksei to lose his grip on your wrist. You quickly pulled your wrist out of his grasp and held your knife towards Aleksei.

"Damnit," Aleksei cursed, spinning to face you again. "I forgot you could kick."

"I can see that," you laughed, surging forward. "But you can kick too." You slashed at Aleksei who was able to dodge the attack fairly easily. "Use cheap shots Aleksei," you said, dodging Aleksei's latest attempt at cutting you. "That's an order."

"Yes, ma'am," Aleksei sighed. Ever since you learned about your role as leader of the House of the Blessed, you barely ever ordered anyone around. Yeah, you would jokingly order the guys to properly take care of themselves but they would still follow them. All because they knew you meant well. The Marks on their hands compelling them to do so kinda helped.