A Hunter's "Thanksgiving"

"We can't keep it in anymore," Dean huffed. "Keeping this from Bobby is eating me alive."

"So, what? You're giving me an ultimatum?" you groaned, dragging your hand down your face as you spoke into the phone. "Tell Bobby that I'm dead or you'll tell him? It's kinda my secret, asshole."

"All of Heaven and Hell knows," Dean argued, huffing.

"Says who?" you demanded, standing from your seat at the House of the Blessed's island. You were calmly eating breakfast when you got the call, only picking it up because of your Blood Oath to Sam. The Oath made you pick up any call the Winchesters made to you because you agreed to help whenever you were asked in exchange for Sam's silence regarding the House of the Blessed. "Only a handful of angels know and I have yet to encounter a demon as a corpse."

"Look, we may have slipped up..." Sam said, joining the call as he took the phone from Dean's hands. "We mentioned how you looked and Bobby's been asking questions."

You sighed and set your phone down, rubbing your face with both hands as you groaned. "It's too earlier for this shit," you huffed before picking the phone back up. "Fine, I'll talk to Bobby later today. I have some things I need to do this morning but I'll see if we can talk over supper or something."

"We'll let Bobby know," Sam said, sighing out of relief. "Thanks and sorry."

"I should have added that you wouldn't say a damn thing about my condition too," you huffed, hanging up. You all but slammed your phone on the table as you took a rather aggressive bite of your breakfast. Alexander gave you a confused look, silently asking what that was about. "Sam and Dean want me to tell Bobby about my living-but-dead condition."

"Why? It shouldn't be any of their business," Alexander asked, a confused and partially offended look on his face.

"I know," you said, sighing dramatically as you waved your hands. "But they're the Winchesters and have to follow a made-up moral code." You sat back down in your chair and sighed, rubbing your temple. "I get that they want whoever they're working with to be open and honest but some secrets aren't theirs to force out."

"Believe me, I agree," Alexander said, shaking his head at your dramatics. "But I suppose you should also look in from their perspective."

"That's just it, I have," you huffed before pausing and taking a breath. "Sorry, I shouldn't have snapped at you."

"It's alright, you're under a lot of duress," Alexander said, taking a seat next to you. "Tell me your thought process."

You took a breath and smiled softly at Alexander. "So, you know that I pretty much watched Sam and Dean's lives on TV."

"Yes, the show was Supernatural, correct?" Alexander asked.

"Yep," you said, nodding. "Well, the boys have this tendency to expect complete honesty from not only each other but the people around them which is respectable," you said quickly. "If that's what you want, then by all means, advocate for it, but you should also be honest and open with the people you expect that behaviour from. It's a two-way street." Alexander nodded as he listened intently. "Most of the conflicts Sam and Dean get themselves into were typically caused by them keeping secrets from each other. Hell! They practically started three apocalypses because of it!"

"Three?" Alexander questioned, a wary look in his eyes as he furrowed his brow. 

"The first one was this previous apocalypse," you explained. "Lucifer probably wouldn't have risen if Sam told Dean about his demon blood addiction. They could have dealt with the issue together and helped Sam get over it. The second wasn't their direct fault but I still kinda blame them for it. A group of ancient creatures that almost overpowered all four Archangels were released because Castiel kept secrets from Sam and Dean, something he picked up from them. The third was when the Mark of Cain was destroyed, freeing Amara," you said, pausing to take a drink. "Dean didn't want to find a solution to breaking the Mark through the Book of the Damned... oh, I should probably steal that from the Stein family before they cause too much damage with that thing..."