Lucifer's Ultimate Fur Baby Almost Mutilated Me

"A Reaper will be waiting for you in this exact spot to take you and Gabriel back to Earth," Death informed you, his voice hushed so the demons couldn't hear. "Just tap this sigil and you will be able to touch and see her." Death waved his hand, making a red sigil appear on the wall to your right.

"Thank you, Death," you said. "For everything."

"Just stop that Prince of Hell from messing anymore with the Natural Order," Death said, his voice low. "He's been resurrecting demons loyal to him with the Grace he stole."

"I'll set things right," you assured him.

"Good, be sure to check your map, child," Death said before disappearing.

You took a breath and opened the map, warily glancing around you. The tortured screams and cries of anguish were almost overwhelming as you kept an eye out for demons. The dark aura mixed with dim torches lighting the walls made you anxious, helping you realize just how dangerous of a position you were in. A living human standing in Hell was unheard of and you would probably be hunted down for sport if you were seen. You needed to be careful and use the screaming to your advantage along with the dim lighting. If things went smoothly, you would find Gabriel quickly without demons finding you.

The map you had contained two new markings on it, a red circle next to a purple dot. Death marked the sigil on your map along with your location. When you took a step forward, the purple dot moved slightly in the direction you went. You whispered a quick thank you before silently moving through the obsidian hallway. There were cells lining the walls, each with its own steel doors that blocked out what was going on in the hallway. Most of the cells had voices coming from them, mainly screaming but you also heard taunting by the demons within as well. As you slowly crept through the halls, you kept your eyes and ears open in case a demon popped up out of nowhere. That just so happened to be the case pretty quickly.

"Shit," you cursed under your breath as a door ahead of you flew open. 

Your eyes flicked around in search of an exit or hiding place, the only available thing being the entrance to another darker hallway ten feet away from you. Without another second, you bolted and threw yourself into the hallway, pressing yourself against the wall while covering your mouth and holding your breath. While you were scared, you were more focused on getting Gabriel without drawing attention to yourself. With that goal in mind, you were able to calm your twitching muscles and shaky breaths. Pair your almost scary calmness with the dark clothes Death dressed you in, you practically blended into the shadows. You listened carefully for footsteps but couldn't hear all that well over the noises of Hell. Luckily, you were able to tell the coast was clear when the demon walked right past you, cleaning some poor soul's blood off of a knife. He didn't notice you at all as you carefully watched him, sneaking out of the hallway and back onto your original route when he was no longer in sight.

Eventually, you made it to the first and only door you needed to be near, the door to Asmodeus' laboratory. It was larger and much more ornate compared to the cells surrounding it. In fact, it wasn't one single door but a pair of french doors with red leather decorating the outside and golden handles. Clearly, Asmodeus was doing well for himself. There was just one problem...

"Where's the cell?" you whispered to yourself, touching the wall to the left of the doors. "It should be right here." Your hands slid across the obsidian bricks making up the wall before jumping at the sound of a barking Hellhound and an angered demon.

"Down, Ramsey, down," Asmodeus said, his voice carrying through the hall almost louder than Ramsey's barking.

"Come on," you whispered, starting to panic as you frantically pulled out your map. The cell was still marked on the map and it did have a door right where you were standing. You heard Ramsey's barking get louder as you frantically started patting the wall for the slight possibility of a secret door. Luckily, your idea worked. A brick gave away, making a small section of the wall click out of place. You quickly squeezed yourself into the small room and shut the false door behind you, listening for the click of the latch. "Oh, thank Chuck," you huffed, sliding down the door.