▫️⚪️ 5 ⚪️▫️

Minho's POV
The meeting was a mess.
Zart was claiming he heard a girl screaming while Winston was calling him delusional. Alby was listening to everyone like a good leader.

Newt and I kept looking at each other. Newt knew something I just hope he keeps his mouth shut until I have a chance to talk to him alone

"So who here, heard screaming last night, whether it was female, male or animal who heard it?" Alby asked.

Zart raised his hand along with Newt, Jeff and surprisingly Gally.

Everyone looked at me. It was a well known fact in the Glade that I was a light sleeper. I reluctantly raised my hand.

"Minho you would have been the first awake could you locate where the sound was coming from?" Alby asked.

"No" I said but I could it had come from the maze doors so that's where I went.

"Did it sound like any of the boys here or an animal possibly?" Alby continued.

"I mean if you consider a griever an animal" I said. The screaming was female.

"So you think it was griever" Alby said.

"That's bs" Gally said "We hear grievers all the time, this was different".

I wish Gally would shut his mouth. I want to go and check on her and tell Newt. I can trust Newt but no one else right now. Just end this meeting.

"Fine" Alby said "Since both sides of the fence are even we will send out a search party only in the Glade not the maze. If you don't want to help then don't just know you won't be getting any dinner. Go door to door, tent to tent and check the deadheads".

This isn't good. I need to get back.

I walked out of the council hall as quickly as possible since Alby ended the meeting and started a search party for a girl currently hiding in my room.

"Minho, Med hut remember" I heard a Alby call out. That's where he wants me to go because 'I wasn't feeling well'.

"I'll take him Alby" Newt said stepping up next to me.

Once we where further from the others he tugged my arm. "Ok what happened, where is the girl, I know you know" Newt said.

"She's safe but she's scared if I show you where she is you have to let me talk to her first she trusts me" I pleaded opening up immediately to Newt.

"Fine but you better tell me what happened on the way" Newt said.

"Ok" I said. "She was sitting by the doors, i don't know how she got there but that's where I found her, she was crying and screaming", "I put my hand over her mouth to get her to be quiet but it scared her, I was still able to pull her back to the homestead", "she slept in my bed while I slept in the chair, she's still in my room but we need to move her if the boys are going door to door looking for her" I said looking at Newt.

"Shit Minho" he said shaking his head.

We where outside my room.

I knocked. Slowly turned the handle and whispered "Hey girly, it's just me don't worry". When I didn't get a response I turned to Newt "She doesn't talk a lot" I said.

Newt and I walked in to see Gally holding her in a chokehold.

"What the hell slinthead let her go!" I yelled at Gally.

"Why should I, she could be a threat not to mention you didn't tell Alby you knew where she was, that's lying to you leader".

"Just let her go mate" Newt said.

Gally pulled her off the ground and held her dagger to her torso. This bitch was about to kill her.

I took a step forward. Gally pushed the tip of the dagger into her stomach. She screamed in pain.

But what happened next surprised me.

She pulled her legs up to her chest and kicked Gally's hand that was holding the dagger away from herself. Both of Gally's hands let go and she dropped to the floor. On the floor she slid her leg under Gally's feet causing him to fall to the ground. She ran to pick up her dagger and placed it back in the holder on her thigh.

She ran to me and collapsed in my arms. We hugged like we had been kept apart for centuries.

"Minho" she whispered into my chest and I hugged her tighter.