▪️⚫️◻️▫️39 ▫️◻️⚫️▪️

Minho's POV
I came back from running today to find out Ben had been stung. I knew what was going to happen, everyone else did too. No one could look each other in the eye and no one could ignore the screaming coming from the slammer.

I don't even know how this happened. When had Ben been stung? I just couldn't comprehend that we were going to banish him.

-Time skip-

Y/n's POV
I knew what Minho was doing. His face was stone cold, pushing all the pressing feelings aside as he ushered Ben towards the doors. It was horrible.

Ben was choking out sobs "Please" "Minho!"

Minho turned his head away and cut the ropes off his arms. Ben struggled some more looking around at all of us. I watched helplessly as Ben refused to accept his fate. I don't know if I wanted to cry or if I wanted to shout and avenge Ben, Instead I stood to the side staring blankly.

"Please, please" where the only words coming from Ben's mouth.

Minho threw a sack of food and water for one night through the gap in the walls just as the hollow groan swept through the maze.

"POLES" Alby commanded

"No please!" Ben smashed weakly against the poles of wood. Slowly stepping backwards.
"No" His arms pushed out to the side grazing the closing walls as he continued to be shut out.

The boom of the doors closing sent a shiver down my spine. It was unlikely that any of us would see Ben again. The boys all looked down carrying their poles away. It was very solemn for the rest of the night.

I waited for Minho in his room already in my pj's hoping to cuddle and sleep my stress away. When he entered are eyes met and I realised he was truly hurt. I must have looked the same because he pulled me into a tight hug and let out a few sobs into the crook of my neck. Ben had been Minho's running partner for so long having to banish him today split Minho's heart in half.

I slowly rocked him towards the bed and we laid down facing each other. Trying to have as much body contact as possible while still being able to look into the other person's eyes. We barely said a word, holding each other and listening to our breathing sink up.

I was starting to feel the effects of fatigue and my eyes where fluttering, desperately trying to stay conscious for Minho.

"I have to leave early tomorrow morning" he whispered.

"Hmm?" Was all the response I could muster.

"I got to take Alby into the maze, find where Ben got stung"

No that's crazy. I thought. I could barely tell if this was real I was in that space where I felt like I was dreaming but also in the process of falling asleep. Nothing was making sense.

Minho stroked my hair repeatedly giving me comfort. All I wanted to do was give in to sleep. I closed my eyes fully. Pulling Minho as close as possible. Silently telling him no, to stay instead.

Minho's chest vibrated when he let out a chuckle "Goodnight Girly".

Sure enough when I woke the next day I was alone. Minho had gone into the maze. I was worried and I felt a pit of doom settle to the bottom of my stomach, where it would wait all day only to be relieved when Minho and Alby returned safe and sound.

It seems I was not the only one who was uneasy. Thomas although he was the greenie had a complicated and untrusting expression plastered on his face.