53

Y/n's POV
The girl lead us through the building which seemed to be some kind of camp out. A crowd started to follow us.

"What are they doing?" I asked trying not to meet the eyes of any of the strange people slowly surrounding us.

"No one's come out of the scorch in a long time, you've just got 'em curious... and me to." The girl said starting to walk faster.

We came into an office just as a man swore slamming down a radio. He sighed before turning towards us "Do you ever feel like the whole worlds against you?" He said picking up a glass of whiskey.

We all looked at each other not sure if he was addressing us or if he just greeted all his guests with weird rhetorical questions.

"Three questions where do you come from?, where are you going? and How can I profit?"

No one wanted to trust him so we didn't say anything.

"Don't all answer at once." He sighed

"The mountains." Thomas blurted out "We're looking for the Right Arm." This caused all of them to laugh at us.

"Your looking for ghosts you mean.  Question number two Where did you come from?"

Minho shook his head and rolled his eyes before replying "That's our business".

"Alright then hermano" the man shrugged back before snapping his fingers to the men standing at the side of the room. We all eyed them as two of them started to come closer.

"HEY!" I shouted as one one of then men yanked my shoulder and dragged me by the back of the neck.

"Y/N!" Minho called but the other man held him back.

My hands were pulled behind my back as I was separated from the gladers. I felt unsafe in the grip of these men I didn't know and although I hate to admit it I was scared, I could feel the tears start to prick in my eyes.

"How about now?" The man said trying not to chuckle at their faces of shock.

"Woah Woah come on there's no need for that" Thomas threw up his hands in defence.

The girl that led us here came up behind Thomas and scanned his necked much to Thomas's discomfort.

"You were right" she said softly shaking her head.

"Sorry hermano you're tagged which means you came from WICKED, take 'em away" he waved his hand dismissively.

The men behind me grunted and shoved me back to Minho who caught me. I looked up at him and realised how worried I had been to ever be away from him again.

Minho's POV
These grubby men shoved us into a room with a giant pit in the middle that just kept going down, level after level. I quickly grasped Y/n's hand in mine but it was no use even though all of us shouted and protested they still succeed in hanging us upside down over the pit.

"Good plan Thomas, 'Just hear what the man has to say' really working out for us." I say sarcastically.

"Shut up Minho" Thomas replies back with a huff after his most recent attempt to reach the rope tied around his ankles.

There is a clinking like metal tapping stone before the voice that belonged to the so called Jorge stepped out form the shadows and said "Enjoying the view?", practically mocking us.

"What the hell do you want?" Thomas asked.

The man laughed "That is the question, my men want to sell you back to WICKED life has taught them to think small but I'm not like that and something tells me you're not either."

Alright I have been upside down for too long because nothing that man just said made any sense and of course I had to voice this, I couldn't be the only one that thinks he's a nutcase. "Is the blood rushing to my head or is this shank not making any sense?"

When no one answered me I cut out their conversation and focused on the long drop down. It was a straight splat onto concrete and the creaking metal all around us wasn't easing my nerves. And then we dropped before I could even scream we were stable again.

"You tell me what you know and maybe we can make a deal." This shank was crazy.

"All we know is that they're a rebel group hiding in the mountains breaking kids out of WICKED." Thomas said frantically trying to sound as trustworthy as possible "That's all we know."

"Just let us go and leaves us be trust me you don't want WICKED all up in your business." Y/n said, I looked over to her to see her shaking slightly, I would give anything to hug her and make her feel safe right now.

Just as Jorge was about to say something someone else entered the room. "Yo Jorge, what's going on?"

"Me and my new friends were just getting acquainted, we're done now." He said calmly.

"Wha- aren't you gonna help us?" Thomas said taken back but the man cutting our deal short.

"Don't worry hermano we'll get you back where you belong, hang tight." And with that Jorge and his accomplice left us hanging in the cold.