◽️⬜️ 🔳◾️27◾️🔳 ⬜️◽️

Y/n's POV
It was early in the morning and a thin cloud of mist covered the ground. I fastened my vest and made my way to the East doors I could see Minho there waiting for me.

"Got everything you need?" Minho asked pointing at my vest.

"Yep" I said. "Throwing knives, battle axe, food and water, and bandages just incase" I said with a small smile.

"Ok so we head to three, scope out the area and then come back. If we find anything we go back another time when we are more prepared to handle it". Minho said making a solid plan.

"Right, ok" I said agreeing and nodding my head slightly.

"Stick close" Minho said as we stood in the doorway, our backs to the Glade. "Let's go".

We ran through the first corridor making right and left turns into other hallways. The walls remained as grey and covered in vines as I remember them being. The toe of my boot catching on green shoots of weeds sprouting up in between the cracks in the floor.

Up ahead Minho slowed down to a jog and tucked tight against the wall. As I came to a stop beside him I could hear my heartbeat in my ears and the dryness of each breath in my throat.

Minho held a single finger up to his lips signalling for me to be quite.

"Look at this" He said in a whisper as he craned his head around the corner.

I leaned over his shoulder and saw a griever standing  in the middle of the hallway that would lead to section three. It's long scorpion looking metal tail swang side to side and it's teeth clenched together creating a disgusting crunchy sloshing sound.

"There's no way it's guarding section three?" I said softly in disbelief.

"Well that's what is sure looks like" Minho said.

"Maybe it will leave?" I said hopefully with a shrug.

We stood there for a couple minutes anticipating the leave of this lone griever but it wouldn't go away and neither of us were patient enough to wait any longer.

We made the first couple of turns back in silence trying to keep our level of noise at a minimum to not attract the attention of another griever.
When further enough away we started a conversation.

"How did it even know we needed to get to section three?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe the beetle blades" Minho answered as lost as I was.

"Well if it was keeping us out we obviously need to get in there" I said deciding that the creators where hiding something from us in there.

"Yea whatever it is it's probably important but also impossible to get to section three if a griever is there everyday" Minho said with a sigh as we turned back into the main corridor and the Glade came back into sight.

As we passed through the doors from concrete onto grass we saw many Gladers walking around going about their daily job's and activities.

"Looks like lunch is starting" Minho said and changed direction, heading for the kitchens.

We came to the seating area and saw Chuck sitting beside Newt. Newt gave as a look that said 'back already?, what happened?' but Chuck just smiled and got up to pull us over to their table.

Chuck and I ended up sitting opposite Minho and Newt.

"Was it scary?" Chuck asked excitedly waiting for a story. "Newt said the maze is dangerous".

Before I could come up with answer for Chuck Alby sat down next to us.

"What are you guys doing back?" He asked anxiously and serious.

"We ran into a problem" I said not sure where to start.

"A griever" Minho nodded to confirm. "It was standing right in front of section three".

"We waited for it to leave but it wouldn't. It was like it was guarding something" I said explaining our situation.

"They've never done anything like this before" Minho said elaborating on how strange the behaviour of this griever was.

"Did it try to attack you?" Chuck asked in awe.

I gave Chuck a small smile before saying "No and thank god it didn't. It's one of the most hideous things I've ever seen".

When lunch was over I went to the med-hut to finish the day working there and Chuck gladly joined me happy to get out of the sun.