Chapter 26

The day well spent in the hospital. It is Jennie's turn to have some rest at home after a long day of assisting Bobby's family. She's really tired but everything's worth it, it makes her happy seeing the people who help her a lot during her toughest times thanking her wholeheartedly. She can finally pay back everything that they had done. 

"I hope a bus stop in just a minute of waiting here" Jennie said, patiently waiting for the last ride. It is 9 in the evening and probably her son is already sleeping so she didn't bother to give a call, instead she leave a message to Ella. 

Half an hour passed and there's no shadow of bus coming. She heave a sigh and look at her watch when a car stops in front of her. She glances at it and waited for the window to roll down. 

"Get in" Jin said who just off from work. 

"Thank God someone just saved me!" Jennie rolled her eyes to him that causes the man to laugh. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked and started driving again when Jennie buckled her seat "It's pretty dangerous to stay in the dark, especially you're solving big cases" 

"I'm not afraid. I just want to go home and rest" Jennie chuckle "You're working hard these days huh? Are you getting married?" She jokingly asked. 

"No, I just have to finish my deadline" Jin answered "You're lucky that I choose this road" 

"Yeah, you better drop me home safe or Dad will yell at you" She said and look outside the window. 

Jin stop on the red light and take a glimpse of Jennie "How are you?" She asked out of the blue. 

Jennie didn't look at him and continue staring outside "I'm fine, doing fine" She replied as she let out a deep breath.

"Sounds like you're not" Jin chuckled "How's Bobby? I heard from Uncle that you are taking care of him because an accident"

"He's getting better" Jennie declared and look in front. 

"You must be very worried" Jin said and rested his hand on the wheel "I heard from Ella that Bobby keeps on pursuing you, he's a good man. Do you like him?" 

Jennie diverted her eyes on him "Why did you ask?" She laugh softly and look back again on the road "He's indeed a good man not just on me but also to my son" 

"I can see that. We talked couple of times and the way he speak up really tell how nice person he is. Even though it's just a short time but I am sure Bobby can do everything for you" Jin stated without pause. 

"Why are you telling this?" Jennie asked him out of curiosity. 

Jin looks at him seriously "Nothing, I just know Lisa is trying to take you back again. She's my friend for a decade and she's good a friend but I can't tell that she's a good partner. Jen, I don't want you to feel the p-" 

"She's not like that anymore. She already changed" Jennie cut him off "I know that you are concern enough because you are my cousin but I can she's changing. She's doing better" She defended. 

Jin started to drive when the green light shows, he scoffed and shakes his head "What do you mean? On what she did is unforgiveable" He exclaimed.

"I already forgave her" Jennie said and furrowed her eyebrows "Just don't tell me what should I do. I know what I am doing" 

"You are not" Jin uttered as he turns left

"I am!" Jennie raises her voice.

"Then why you haven't decide yet?" Jin asked her which made Jennie shut her mouth "Why are you taking damn long to decide who you will choose or you don't have plan to choose and you just giving false hope on both of them?"