Chapter 39

Week passed.

It's still the same.

Lisa is on her bed, breathing oxygen into her mouth while she is sound asleep. Although the wound is still open, it has healed in some way. She's still having trouble breathing.

Each day that passes sees a reduction in the number of afflicted people. Numerous volunteers arrived in the village to assist the on-duty medical professionals.

Jisoo, who is napping off on the couch, is abruptly awakened by the alarm she sets.

She mutters, "2pm," and drags herself upright. Jisoo's expression alone tells you that she hasn't had enough sleep since the pandemic began: "Time to make for medicine" The lady put on gloves and a mask before deciding to enter.

Jisoo took the silver tray containing the medicine and syringe. "I'm jealous, you have enough sleep. I haven't had any good sleep. I guess you're dreaming way better than reality, but you need to wake up," she says as she pushes the syringe into her dextrose.

She checks Lisa's body and the oxygen level as is customary. She takes a moment to examine herself when everything appears to be going well. "Don't you miss your kids and Jennie? Why don't you wake up? I thought you would come home fine," she says. "Jennie is fully aware of your coma. She's anxious. I'm sure you don't want her to have that impression. Get up right now. You're sleeping too much" Jisoo added gravely.

Jisoo saw Lisa take a deep breath, and after that, she began to move her fingers. Jisoo's eyes flared as she questioned Lisa, "Are you awake?" but she received no response.

Jisoo waited for a another second, but nothing happened. A smile breaks out on the woman's lips, which is wonderful news for Mr. Manoban. She anticipates Lisa waking up shortly.

Before deciding to leave the room, Jisoo spoke on her phone, "Hello Uncle Marco," and then she turned to look at Lisa.

Lisa's eyes started to move when the lady left the room. The only thing she can see when she opens her eyes slightly is a fuzzy white room. She feels helpless to make anything happen; she is unable to move, let alone fully open her eyes. She tries to stand up against her numbness while her fingers move at the same time. When she finally gets too exhausted and her eyelids close, she tries to open her mouth but no voice comes out.

Two days passed after what happened.

Jisoo is horribly ill. She continuously checks her blood to see if she has the infection, but happily the results are negative.

The Lady said, "This is bad," and placed a damp cloth over her forehead. She sets her body down on the couch and glances at her watch before setting an alarm for Lisa's next dose of medication. "I thought someone would come today to give me a hand, Mr. Manoban is a little bit late to rescue," she chuckles.

Jisoo's eyelids flutter awake in response to a sharp noise coming from the door's creek. She struggles to stand while her blanket is wrapped around her body because she is cold. She was ready to stand up when someone abruptly entered. "What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here," the woman questioned.

-.-.-.

On the passenger seat, a policeman said, "Most of our members are sick; let's hope we don't get sick."

Bobby chuckles, spins his wheel to the right, and comes to a halt at the traffic light. He says, "No, let's hope that this pandemic will end as soon as possible." He looks at the time and message to see whether Jennie left him a text, but she didn't.

He was not looking at his partner when she remarked, "You've been looking at your phone for an hour now, Didn't she leave a message?"

"No"