Chapter 38

3 days after what happened, Jisoo is about to get release on isolation area. She's still negative from the virus and it makes everyone confused why the result from the camp was positive, little did they know that Jisoo fabricated it but everything remains as a secret just for Lisa.

Loneliness and anxiety are the only thing that Jisoo feels from this empty white room. She can only talk to someone when the food serves on her or when Mr. Manoban visits. Despite of being negative, she still feels sick.

The experienced she ran into the camp just hit her now. The trauma and sadness are still there. Her mind is occupied with a lot of moments where the patients didn't make it and they can do nothing. She knows that Doctors should know how to accept death of their patients but it affects her.

She can hear cries and flat lines of patients at the camp. From pumping their chest up to covering the body with white cloth, she can't help but to cry about it.

A sudden knock on the door makes Jisoo snap out of her thoughts. She looks at the door and sees Mr. Manoban entering with the food on tray. The man is wearing PPE for protection then put the food on the bed side table, he monitors Jisoo's health.

"Any changes from your body?" He asked.

The lady just shakes her head "Nothing" She answers.

Lisa's Dad checks the room and glance at Jisoo "Lisa is stable but still under observation. Her wounds are healing but not that quick because of infection. She develops infection and currently has fever. I don't know why it happens when they give her a shot for infection at the camp" He stated.

"Is she awake now?" Jisoo asked.

Dr. Manoban shakes his head "No but hopefully she would, later this week if it's impossible today" He chuckles.

"I heard Lisa will be transferred, why?" She questioned.

Lisa's Dad heave a sigh "It's safe if I move her somewhere, the case is growing and I don't think she will be freed from the virus if she stays where the virus surrounds" He said.

"Where?"

"I'm still thinking but I will transfer her as soon as possible" He said.

Jisoo frowns and clenches her jaw "Can I volunteer myself to look after her? I know that you will hire a private doctor for her" She suggested.

"I'll think about it, they need a doctor here" He mumbled. "Anyway, Dr. Lee's body will arrive tonight and probably tomorrow will be the day he will be buried as well. We already told the family about it and they understand"

Jisoo's face lit up a bit "Thank you, I know Lisa will be happy about that" She smile.

Dr. Manoban just nods his head and bid his good bye. Jisoo starts to dig in her food, she has no appetite to eat the foods but she has to.

Jisoo looks at her phone and sees Jennie's message. After the call few days ago, they didn't talk again. Lisa's dad already speak to her and explain everything. He also prohibits Jennie to come since the pandemic is still happening.

When Chaeyoung found out that they've already arrived, the latter called her but that was the last time they talked. Jisoo didn't accept her call and just message her that she's fine and just needs time to rest.

After her meal, Jisoo decided to lay on her bed and take time to sleep.

-.-.-

Reign keeps on peeking at the door to see if Lisa's home, he's been waiting since his birthday. The door open and his eyes spark, hoping that it is Lisa but his smile drop when it's Bobby.