Chapter 1

Jennie has been very busy for the past two weeks because a lof of reports are need to be submitted on the prior date. Her one hour lunch turns into 10 minutes just to finish her reports. For the past two years of working in the law firm, a lot of clients come and go in the building looking for her. She received a lot of cases more than anyone in the firm which made her to be the face of their building and even some schools were asking her to promote law studies since everyone heard few of her struggles through interview.

"Atty. Kim.. Here's your coffee" Her secretary came inside holding a cup of coffee. She put it on the table and bowed her head.

"Do I have any appointments for today?" Jennie asked while checking every single details of her report.

"No appointments for today atty. Kim but you have three tomorrow" She stated.

Jennie stop from checking the papers and looked at her "Nothing more?" She asked and the secretary shook her head "Okay.. Thank you"

"If you need something just call me" She uttered and walked out of the office.

Jennie put down her documents and lean on her seat, she's very stressed due to too much work. She massaged her temple and closed her eyes to rest for a couple of seconds.

"This month is giving me a hell feeling" She growl as she looked at the pile papers. She took the cup of coffee to drink "I'm going to get old in one blow if this continue for a year"

The lawyer showed her smile when she saw an old picture of her and Reign during the village days. She grab and caress it, the picture is old but the it feels like yesterday when she gave birth to her son.

"Mommy misses you so much" She mumbled, getting teary. It's been a week since her son leave the house to stay with his grandparents, Jennie couldn't look after him because she's busy with her work.

While she's busy looking at her son's picture, her phone rings which cause her to flinch out of shock. She searched her phone and found it inside her bag. When she saw a familiar caller ID, she quickly answered it.

"Hello Bobby?… yeah.. Maybe around 5pm?.. Hmm okay? You want to eat ice cream?" She laughed so hard and turned her chair "Okay okay chill.. Everything's gonna be fine.. Okay.. See you!"

She ended the call with her head shaking slowly. She put it back where she got it and get back to her work. She reviews every words to minimize mistakes. She's still lucky that even though she was working in the office using her laptop all the time without a long rest, her eyesight is normal. Jennie is maintaining her body physically healthy but not quite sure about her mental health. Reign is the only strength she has today, raising a kid alone is very hard most especially that Reign is growing up and needs to study.

Time passes by very fast that she didn't notice that everyone is going home. She stretched her arm and stroke her hair as she looked at the papers above the table, she couldn't believe that she was done with the thousands of papers on her table.

"It's time to go home!"

Jennie looked at the door and saw her friend Bobby with his police uniform. She pick up the crumpled paper beside her and throw it to him but the man dodge it.

"Why did you do that?" He laughed and took the paper from the floor.

"It's your treat today, I'm stress" Jennie uttered and get her bag to leave, she made sure that everything's well organized before she leave the office "Cookies and cream, okay?"

"I can't believe this. You've been paid yesterday so it's your treat" Bobby huffed as he followed Jennie to get out.

"I'm leaving. Thank you for your hardwork!" Jennie bid her goodbye to the secretary and walked towards the hallway to get in the elevator "You asked me to go with you so expect to be your treat"