Chapter 10

"How are you?" Lisa asked, both are on their seats facing each other "You look very unhealthy. Are you eating well?"

Somi shook her head and sobs "I want to go home and be with you again. I just can't live alone here, this place makes me feel anxiety" She wiped her tears that flowing down her cheeks and held Lisa's hand "Can you visit me more often until I go home?"

Lisa purse her lips and look down on their hands "As much as I wanted to, I have work and kids to be taken care of. I don't have time for myself either so I can't promise you" She said and removed her hand on the table.

"How's Liam? I want to see him" She said with weakest smile on her face "Is he doing great? A good boy?"

Lisa nodded her head slowly "He's healthy young man living his life" He chuckle "He will live with me for good.. Just preparing my come back in my Dad's house"

Somi's face lit up on what she said "Then as soon as I get home, I'll be with you and make our family complete again, right?" She hopefully said.

Lisa didn't speak and just stares at Somi. She can feel that the girl is still into her despite of rejection, Somi is still hoping that one day Lisa will come back. The latter gazed on other visitors outside their small transparent room to avoid Somi's eyes.

"I'll do everything to keep you. After this, I'll change myself" Somi said with her pleading voice "Would you wait for me then?"

Lisa lean forward and wiped Somi's tears using her thumb, she smile softly and fix her hair "You're Doing good Somi, think about yourself first and don't think about anything else. Someday, you'll just look back at everything and you wouldn't notice that you made it alone" She stated with her soothing voice "Let's not talk about it, okay? I want you to tell stories on your experience here.. Every single detail is very important" She said just to stop Somi from crying and begging for love.

Somi touched her hand and hold it once again "They didn't do harm on me. They are good and taking care of me but I don't feel the same way. They gave food three times a day but I eat once or twice that's why I look very unhealthy but don't worry, I'm doing good. The facilities are good here but our home is way better than here" She told with her loving eyes to Lisa.

"I'm happy that you're appreciating simple things that you have inside" Lisa said and sigh "Do you want anything else? Food to eat?"

"I'm okay, you're finally here so I'm okay" Somi smile genuinely "How are you abroad? I hope you had fun"

"Well, we had fun but we always think about Korea. We wanted to go home during our half year of staying but of course we have to do our duty and responsibility then here we are. Just came back" Lisa stated while looking at Somi.

"Don't you miss me?" Somi asked that made Lisa's smile dropped.

"I miss you in the field" Lisa said while nodding "They missed you"

Somi stood up from her seat while still holding Lisa's left hand "Can you give me a tight hug?" She asked with her swollen eyes.

Lisa took her deepest breath before she stood up and took a step slowly just to hug Somi. The latter started crying again and embrace Lisa's body really tight. Lisa brushed her hair and rubbed her back to make her stop, she knows the stress that Somi was going through but she can't do anything because it's her fault.

The door open and two police officers went in "It's time to go" The other one said.

Somi looked at me and shook her head, she doesn't want to go. Lisa gave the officers a cue to give them a second then she pull out from Somi's hug.