Chapter 28

Jisoo's P. O. V

After what happened to Tiffany, we went back on our room to rest. A lot of things happened today and the death rate is raising high. Virus is spreading quickly and it makes me more scared to keep going, I just want to go home but of course this is our job. They sent us here because they trust us.

I took my sit on my door step while watching the empty place of this village. Maybe some people are desperate to live here. As we noticed earlier, most of the houses are made of scrap and some are tent. Children are force to work so they have something to eat. The government should come and see this place.

I looked at my phone to see the time, it's 10 in the evening and I can't sleep. Lisa is about to end her shift, she's on overtime as what the chief told her. I hope we can go home after a month.

"Aren't you going to sleep?" I snapped out when someone speak beside me, it's Lisa who just came back from the camp.

"Just waiting for it to happen" I chucked "So how's your overtime?" I asked.

She just tilted her head slowly and lean on the wall of my room made from container van "The lady we rescued earlier... just died an hour ago" She stated and looked at me sadly.

"What? Are you serious?" I surprisingly asked.

"Uhm. I did my best to revive her, I've performed everything but she didn't make it. I was hoping that her daughter will receive a good assistance from the government" She told and stretched her body.

"What about Tiffany?"

Lisa took few step forward with her hands inside her pocket "Well, she's being isolate. We have suspicions that she has the virus. They took some test and will probably get the result tomorrow morning" Her stomach made noise, sounds like she hasn't eat anything yet.

"I hope she's fine" I got up from my seat and look at my phone again to check the time "Do you want to grab some food at the pantry? I can hear your stomach wilding"

"Oh! I haven't had any food since earlier" She laugh softly and we both made our way to the pantry to seek for a food.

We walked together towards the pantry, she keeps on talking so I just listen "If Tiffany carries the virus, we will have test as well" She uttered and open the door of pantry.

"If Tiffany got the virus, what will happen? Is she able to go home?" I asked.

"I don't think so. As what I've heard, she'll stay here and get the treatment until she's finally fine. She can't come home and get treated at the hospital, there's high possibility of spreading the virus throughout the city" She explained which made me understand "That's why we have to be careful, I still need to go home. My boys birthday is coming"

"How can we go home if the residents don't listen?" I laughed softly and help Lisa to cook noodles on the kitchen.

"That's the main problem" She replied and let the water boil first before we put the ramyeon "Jisoo"

"Hmm?" I hummed as I took a slice of bread.

"Do you think Jennie will agree if I ask to change Reign's surname?" She asked.

I stop from munching and think "I don't know. Why don't you change Jennie's surname first?" I jokingly said.

She crack the egg on pot "I don't think that's possible" She chuckle and stir the noodles to mix the egg.

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing, I just think that's possible at this time" She said and turn off the stove.