Chapter 34

Morning has come and everyone is waiting for the result. Ten has been sent to isolation area. Lisa and Jisoo are still staying at their room, waiting for someone to inform them. Since Lisa can't feel any symptoms, she decided to dress herself so she can get back to work when it is negative.

The clock is ticking and it takes them time to inform. She drink a cup of coffee and waited until someone knock on the door. She check it by looking at her small window and find one nurse wearing PPE in front of her door.

Lisa immediately get up from her seat and open the door for her "What's the result?" She asked.

The nurse handed her the envelope and let Lisa open it. Negative. Lisa let out a deep sigh, thankful about the result.

"You can start working today Dr. Manoban" The nurse uttered and left.

Lisa put the paper on the table and prepare herself to leave. She looked at Jisoo's room and sees her coming out. She smile, knowin that Jisoo is also negative from last night swab test. They headed inside and reported to the chief before they proceed on their respective places.

Lisa checks on Dr. Lee first, the nurse on duty handed some of Dr. Lee's result. His lungs is slowly getting smaller. Lisa inject something on Dr. Lee's dextrose and check his heart beat.

"I'm hungry"

Lisa looks at him and sees him awake "You are finally awake now. How are you?" She asked while checking his chest.

"I am fine" He said, can barely hear his words "I am positive, right?"

Lisa smile weakly and tuck him "Yeah but everything's going well" She assured him.

"Is that so?" He laughed the suddenly cough "I am thirsty"

Lisa takes the bottled water and help him to drink. Dr. Lee keeps on coughing, by just seeing his response on the cough, it is indeed hurting his chest.

"Just endure it for a while and I will make sure that you will be fine" Lisa said and make him sit on the bed "The food is about to arrive. Can you eat on your own?"

Dr. Lee chuckled "I'm not a baby" He whispered. Even just talking, it's hard for him.

"You keep on telling me to take vitamins and be careful yet you are the first one who got it" She shakes her head "Do you feel something on your chest?"

Dr. Lee just stares at her "Everything is normal, you don't.. have to worry" He replied.

Lisa looks at him for a second and smile forcefully "It's Reign's birthday in less than two weeks. I want you to be there" She said which made Dr. Lee's eyes spark on excitement.

"Of course. He's the first.. First baby that I saved" He said.

Lisa nods her head and sit on Dr. Lee's bed "That's why I am thankful. You deserve to be there on his special day" She said, daydreaming about the birthday party.

Dr. Lee rub his chest gently, he can feel a stinging pain everytime he speaks or breathe "Be the best parent to your kids, Lisa" He said with his eyes closed.

"I am" She replied "You once saved the life of my child, so let me save you from this. Jennie will be happy if she sees you safe home"

Dr. Lee laughed a bit "No, Jennie will be happy if she sees you alive so you must.. you must take care of yourself" He said and coughed, running out of breath.

Lisa put the oxygen on his mouth to help him breathe. The grip on Dr. Lee on Lisa's hand says it all, he's not on his stable condition.

"Just stay with us. You will be okay, you hear me?" Lisa said, a flashback from the past rewind on Lisa's head. Just like what her father said when her Mom and brother were in the operating area "Everything will be fine"