Chapter 3

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,445 words}

"First, I'm going to check your aptitude! All you have to do is attach a rope to your hips and dangle, scum! Keep your balance with the full belt on! Those who can't do this aren't even fit to use as bait! I'll send you to a settlement!"

Everyone were terrified at the consequences said by the instructor if they fail their first test. But of course, Y/N didn't feel bothered by it. She feels confident that she can ace their first test. After all, she trained herself before she could even enlist.

Today is the firsy day of the cakdet trainees training. Their fist training is the posture-control test.

Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Marco, Reiner, Bertholdt, Annie, Connie, Ymir, Krista and Sasha were all able to pass their first test.

"Y/N M/M/N! Your turn!" Shadis called Y/N. The blond-girl nod and walked towards the platform. As soon as she's all ready, they lifted her up. Y/N stayed still, she wasn't even moving.

Natural aptitude. Y/N thought to herself.

"Y/N M/M/N, passed!" Shadis said.

Y/N was put down. She sighed and went back to her grouo. Jean and Marco smiled proudly at Y/N.

The two boys raised their hands to
Y/N for a high-five. Y/N grinned and gave the two boys a high-five.

"Eren Jaeger! Your turn!" Shadis called Eren.

Eren looks confident as he walked towards the platform. When he's all ready, he was lifted up but he wasn't even fully up when he fell upside down.

"Eek!" Y/N shrieked when she thought Eren will hit his head.

"What are you doing, Eren Jaeger?! Right yourself!!" Shadis said.

Eren just stared at Shadis with a terrified look. It was as if he didn't know what to do. The others are just looking at him.

Y/N felt embarrassed for Eren. He was so confident earlier but now look at him. He wasn't even fully up but he already fell upside down.

Their first test was already done but there are only a few of them failed and that includes Eren. Those who failed were given another chance tomorrow.

Y/N crossed her arms as she watched Eren and his friends talking. Mikasa is explaining to Eren her techniques while Armin is encouraging the green-eyed boy.

Y/N is far from them. Holding a dagger and doing different tricks as she watches the Shiganshina trio.

"He seems the type to be able to do something he's willing to learn so maybe he'll pass the first test." Y/N said to herself.

"Talking to yourself is weird."

Y/N turned around when someone behind her spoke. She saw Connie with a grin plastered on his lips.

Y/N pouted her lips a bit and shrugged. "No, it's not. Talking to yourself can be a coping mechanism." Y/N said which made Connie confused.

"Huh?" Connie asked.

Y/N stared at Connie. "You don't get what I mean?" Y/N asked.

Connie shook his head. Y/N was about to explain but Reiner and Bertholdt came. "Don't bother explaining, he's stupid." Reiner said which made Bertholdt chuckled.

Connie scratched his head and nod. "Yeah. Don't bother, Y/N. You might just get pissed. It'll take a long time for me to get whatever you mean." Connie said, he's not even ashamed to admit that he's stupid.