Chapter 18

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,749 words}

"What was that?!" Nile asked when they heard the explosion and saw a smoke emitting in the sky coming from somewhere in the other streets of Stohess district.

Erwin and Levi looked up and stared at the smoke. Both of them knows that it already begun. Their gamble is finally on action.

"Escort team! We're fine here! Go check that out!" Nile ordered the new recruits of MPB who are staying on the roofs to escort the survey corps to the royal capital of Mitras.

"Yes, sir!"

"Nile, dispatch all your troops immediately. We must assume that a titan has appeared." Erwin said which surprised Nile. The commander of the MPB looked at Erwin with wide eyes.

"W-what are you saying?! This is wall Sina! There's no way a titan could be here!" Nile said. Erwin looked at him but he didn't say anything.

Nile stiffened. He clenched his fist and gritted his teeth. "Erwin...What the hell are up to?" Nile asked but the commander of the survey corps just stared at him and remained silent.

Levi who's behind Erwin is just staring at the smoke in the sky. He clenched his fist out of fustration.
He's currently on break by the orders of his commander. One of the reasons he can't participate in the operation is because of his ankle injury.

Levi's also worried. Not just for his comrades who are fighting the female titan alongside with Eren, but also for Y/N who's on another mission.

Apparently, the commander's daughter was ordered by her own father to go with the remaining new recruits who's now under Miche and his squad's supervision.

Y/N has another mission that she should do alone.

And Levi can't help but worry. He can feel that something's gonna go wrong. But what can he do? Y/N's a soldier who should follow orders from her superiors and prioritize what mission she was given. Accomplish it. Be it a success or a failure. All that matters is that she did it without hesitation.

The female titan came crashing through a building causing a lot of civilians casualties. The building she landed to was the church of the walls. Only one person survived and it's minister Nick who looks surprised and terrified upon seeing a titan inside wall Sina.

"A titan? Here? Keep it away from the wall...N-no!" Minister Nick muttered as he watched the female ran away and the survey corps chasing the female titan.

Hange along with her squad and Mikasa are the ones chasing the female titan.

"It's trying to get over the wall!"

"If it gets away now, humanity's done for!"

"Disable it! Aim for it's feet!"

Two survey corps soldiers lowered theirselves to sliced off the female titan's ankle but before they coule even do it, the female titan looked back and swang her fist on a building causing it to break and scattered on the air. The soldiers had no choice but to stop and protect themselves.

Mikass suddenly came out of nowhere. She turned around the female titan as she sliced her face.
The female titan was shocked that Mikasa was able to wound her.

It was my mistake that caused us to lose the corps' best soldier. I need to take full responsibility for my actions. Mikasa thought as she landed on a roof gracefully.

The female titan just ignored her wound and continued running away.

"Good work, Mikasa! Next, go in from outside her field of vision."