Chapter 76

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,685 words}

The next day, the warriors and the survey corps veterans woke up very early. The sun hasn't risen yet, but they already started preparing to leave to go to the harbor of Paradis.

Y/n crouched beside Gabi and gently shook her. Jean's standing behind Y/n. "Gabi, wake up." Y/n said in a low voice just enough for Gabi to hear. Falco's beside Gabi and is also in a deep sleep. Gabi slowly opened her eyes and stared at Y/n and Jean for a few moments. Then she slowly sat up.

"It's time to go." Jean said.

Gabi's eyes widened as she kept staring at Y/n and Jean. "You're helping us?" Gabi asked in disbelief.

Falco also woke up and was suprised by what he just heard from Gabi.

Y/n and Jean nod at the two. "Yeah...of course." Y/n and Jean said in unison.

The two then left and Gabi and Falco, Jean walked towards Reiner who's still asleep. Y/n frowned as she stared at Reiner's peaceful sleeping face.

Jean grabbed Reiner's shirt causing the brawny male to wake up immediately out of surprised.

"Hey, Reiner! How long are you planning on sleeping?! You're more than healed already, aren't you?!" Jean said in an annoyed tone.

Y/n just shook her head. She walked towards the wagon where Hange, Yelena, Onyankopon, Genersl Magath and Levi are staying. Hange gave Y/n a piece of bread as a simple breakfast.

"You okay? You look exhausted." Hange said in a worried tone.

Y/n indeed looks exhausted. Her eyes are swollen from crying all night, and she has dark circles under her eyes for not being able to sleep in peace for consecutive nights already.

"I'm okay. How's Levi?" Y/n asked as she took a bite from her bread.

Y/n looked at Levi who's still asleep. She smiled bitterly upon realizing that this is the first time her husband got a long and peaceful sleep, but sadly, it's because he's badly injured.

"He's doing fine. He just needs more rest to recover fully." Hange said.

Y/n nod her head. "I'll be riding my own horse and stay behind our other wagon. We can't fit here anymore. Just call me if Levi needs anything." Y/n said. She reached for Levi and gently brushed her fingertips on his left eye.

"Yeah. Sure." Hange said.

Y/n smiled a bit when Levi's brow furrowed, even his eyes twitched.

Levi slowly opened his eye, he looked at Y/n and stared at her. He saw how swollen Y/n's eyes are, her nose and cheeks red from all the crying she did, and her terrible dark circles. His wife just looks so exhausted and drained.

Y/n flashed Levi a small smile. "Morning, handsome." Y/n said.

Levi internally sighed. He wants to deny what Y/n just called him, he knows how looks now. If he removes his face bandages, the stitches of his wounds and the scars will show up.

Then he wondered, will Y/n still call him handsome? Will she still love him the same. "I know what you're thinking. Stop that. You still look good to me. And I love you." Y/n said.

Levi was stunned. When did she become a mind reader? Levi thought.

Y/n let out a small chuckle. She pressed a kiss on her inder and middle fingers then placed it on her husband's lips that's still covered with bandage. "Stay here with Hange. I'll ride my own horse. I'll be following behind the second wagon." Y/n said.

Levi nod his head slowly. "Yeah...Don't let your guarr, okay?" Levi said.

"Of course." Y/n said. She gently tapped Levi's left cheek then left.