Chapter 16

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,174 words}

~Flasback~

-One week before the expedition-

Y/N went to her father's office after hearing from Nanaba that Erwin wants to talk to her. She knocked on the door three times and waited for a response. She just woke up but the commander is already calling for her.

"Name and business?"

"It's Y/N."

"Come in, Y/N."

Y/N opened the door. She was a bit surprised to see that Hange, Miche and Levi are inside. She smirked and shook his head. "What is this? Another open forum of team Erwin Smith?" Y/N asked which made the superiors laugh. Except for Levi.

He doesn't even smile, why would I expect him to laugh? Y/N thought.

"Soo...What is it, commander?" Y/N asked her father."I haven't even take a bath. You see I'm still in my pajamas. I was disturbed from my sleep because Nanaba knocked on my door loudly, I thought it was an emergency but she said that you wanted to talk to me."
Y/N frowned and scratched her head.

"Tch." Levi hissed. Y/N looked at him. "It's already 8 in the morning, brat. You should be awake at 6. It's just good that Nanaba disturbed your sleep." Levi said.

Y/N's lips twisted. She ignored Levi which made the captain pissed. Hange laughed and shook her head.

"Y/N, I know you know what's the hidden agenda behind the upcoming expedition." Erwin said in a serious tone. Y/N nod her head. She's serious now, too. The three can't help but see their similiraties.

"Can you tell me what's on your mind?" Erwin asked. He smiled a bit.

Y/N sat on the chair that's across from hee father's table. "I know you think there's a spy within our ranks and they would go after Eren due to him being a titan shifter working for the survey corps." Erwin and the three were surprised that Y/N had perfectly guessed their motives.

"5 years ago, when wall Maria was breached. I heard that the colossal titan broke the gates of Shiganshina district and then it vanished. Then the armored titan appeared and broke the inner gate of wall Maria.c

"After 5 years, the colossal titan appeared once again. It broke the gates of Trost district. I'm sure you expected the same thing will happen, the colossal will appear then vanished. Well, yes it did. But this time, armored titan didn't appear and break the inner gate of wall Rose."

"No one saw the colossal titan's vessel run away. He/she didn't engage in combat but vanished in thin air, just like what he/she did five years ago. There's nowhere that a gian of that size could've possibly hidden himself, so one possibility is that he's one of the people within the walls all along."

"They would come for Eren. Their motives must have changed halfway through if they saw Eren transformed, then their new motive is to find Eren. We learned that Eren has the ability to transform into a titan and vanish at any point, puting it two and two together, you concluded that Eren wasn't the only human with the same ability. Of course, you knew Eren is trustworthy. You won't take in someone who isn't."

"You want to capture the spy. You asked such a cryptic question after Sawny and Bean was killed.
I knew you were trying to weed out traitors. You were looking for people who had the same suspicion with you. Of course, if someone understood your question, they have the same suspicion and could be trusted but as a traitor that person would likely play along with the popular belief that a crazy titan-hater nust be the culprit that he/she killed Sawny and Bean out of hatred. And you trusted the soldiers who survived 5 years ago when wall Maria was breached."