Chapter 29

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,149 words}

"We finally made it. I don't care why. We're too far from civilization!" Jean said as he carries the big boxes from the wagon. "Here, Sasha. This one's for you!" Jean said and gave a heavy box to Sasha.

"What is this?! Uhn! It's heavy!" Sasha said as she carry the box.

"It's full of potatoes. They're your buddies, right?" Jean said.

"What could you be talking about? I've forgotten all about it." Sasha said.

"Don't worry. I'm sure anyone else in the 104th could remind you." Jean said.

"Still everything has become so expensive. If we lose this food supplies, we're going to starve to death." Armin said.

The three walked towards their small cabin carrying stuffs with them. "That's right, Sasha. Just try to sneak some food out. Captain Levi will slice you into nice, bite-sized pieces." Jean said.

Sasha gulped. "I wouldn't. Probably..."

"Huh? Did I just hear you say something else?" Jean said.

The three finally arrived inside their cabin and went straight to the kitchen to drop off the food supplies they're carrying. "We don't need to depend on all these groceries. We can just hunt to in these mountains!" Sasha said.

"We can't, Sasha. Even this far out, hunting's still prohibited. If people find us and start talking, what's the point of hiding out here in the first place?" Armin said.

Sasha nod. "O-okay. I understand. I won't." Sasha said. "Probably." Sasha muttered.

"I heard that, potato girl!" Jean said.

He shooks his head and continued fixing the food. He stopped sighed upon remembering Y/N when he saw 5 jars of cashew nuts inside the box.

"It's been 2 weeks since we last saw
Y/N. I wonder how she is?" Jean asked.

Armin sighed. "I think when
Hange-san said she is dealing with her personal matters, something's going on with Y/N. I tried asking Hange-san but she won't say it. It must be really personal." Armin said.

Sasha and Armin looked at the cashew nuts. "If we have cashew nuts...then does that mean Y/N will be here soon?!" Sasha asked happily.
"I mean, she's the only one I can think of everytime I see cashew nuts." Sasha said. Jean smirked and nod.

"Who knows? Maybe when captain Levi and Connie comes back, she's with them already." Jean said.

The two nod in agreement.

"Guys."

Eren came walking to them while holding a broom. He has a bandana on his head and a white cloth around his neck that he used to cover his mouth and nose from the dirt and dust.

"Did you brush off all the dirt and dust on you before coming in here?" Eren asked.

Jean looked at him. "What? Of course we didn't. Just look at all this stuff we're carrying. It's pretty obvious we couldn't." Jean said.

Eren frowned. "Do you still not get it? Do you think captain Levi will be satisfied with soldiers who act like that? This morning, too! If I hadn't made your bed, then-"

Jean groaned. "Shut up! Are you my mom or something?!" Jean said.

"We're back." Mikasa and Historia came while holding fireweoods.

Armin gasped. "What?! Were you cutting firewoods?!" Armin asked Mikasa.

"I don't want to go soft." Mikasa said.