Chapter 54

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,441 words}

Hange gave Levi the permission to stay home for as long as he need to stay. They agreed that Levi will just come to the base every other day.

It's been two weeks since then.

The twins have gotten better.

They're back from being energetic, though their skins are full of chickenpox scar but Hange prescribed a cream for the twins that can help the scars on their skin to fade. The twins are also happy that Levi's finally home. They really missed their father.

As for Y/N, she confirmed that
she's pregnant with their her and Levi's second baby. Thanks to Hange's pregnancy tests to Y/N, they confirmed that Y/N is indeed pregnant with her second baby.

Ever since that fight between Levi and Y/N, the two have started to become more understanding and caring for each other.

It's a silent afternoon, the twins are taking a nap in their room upstairs. While Y/N and Levi are cleaning the house. Levi's glad. He's cleaning together with Y/N. It's like their date or quality time with each other.

Y/N smiled a bit as she wiped the portrait of her mother and father.
Y/N placed Erwin's portrait beside
her mother's portrait. Everyday she's smiling because she always sees her parents, even though they're just portraits, she's still glad.

"I never knew you made a portrait of Kenny and my mom." Levi said.

Y/N turned around and saw Levi holding the portrait of Kuchel and Kenny. Y/N smiled. "Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you. I made tht 5 months ago. I'm sure Kenny exactly looks like him in the portrait, but did I get your mother's look right? I only based her appearance with her facial features that you told me about." Y/N said.

Levi nod. "Yeah. You drew her perfectly." Levi said. He stared at his mom's portrait. "Where should we hang their portraits?" Levi asked.

Y/N pointed the empty wall that's opposite from the wall where Erwin and her mother's portrait are placed.
"There. It would be perfect there."

Y/N said. Levi nod. He put down the portraits of his family and went to the  storage room to get his tools. Levi came back with his tools and a chair. He stood up in the chair and made two small hole in the wall.

He put a nail on it and pushed it a bit using a hammer. The frame of the two portraits already has a hole on the back so Levi easily hanged it portraits on the wall.

He smiled a bit upon staring at his mother's portrait but he rolled his eyes when he looked at Kenny's portrait.

"That's nice." Y/N said and clapped her hands. Levi went down from the chair. He walked towards Y/N and wrapped his arms around Y/N's waist.

He pulled Y/N close to him. He gave a peck on her lips which made Y/N smile. "Why did you make a portrait of them?" Levi asked.

Y/N wrapped her arms around Levi's neck. "I want the twins to get to know them, too. Kenny and your mom are also their grandparents." Y/N said.

Levi didn't say anything instead he just kissed Y/N's forehead.

He's grateful because even though
the family he came from is a bit complicated, Y/N is still willing to let their twins learn about Kenny and Kuchel. Levi's glad that Y/N has respect for the family he came from.

"I'm sorry, auntie Marie. I'll have to leave the twins in your care once again. Levi and I are needed in the base. Don't worry, we'll come back as soon as we can." Y/N said to Marie.

Marie smiled at Y/N. She carressed
Y/N's face. "It's okay, dear. I actually love it whenever you leave the twins here with us. It's good to have little ones around, you know." Marie said.