Chapter 35

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,615 words}

The Levi squad retreated to an abandoned stables in the forests of wall Sina. "Armin!" Mikass called the blonde boy who's currently vomitting while holding on to a tree.

Mikasa crouched beside Armin. She gently pat Armin's back. Armin is crying ehile vomitting. When he calmed down, he stared at the ground with his wide eyes.

"Mikasa...did this happen to you, too?" Armin asked.

Mikasa was surprised. "..!um..." She wasn't able to reply to Armin's question. Armin cried even more as he remembers the way he shot the woman who tried to kill Jean.

"Ah....! Ah...Sorry Mikasa." Armin said.

Mikasa shook her head. She helped Armin to stand up. "It's okay." Mikasa said.

"Sorry...sorry..." Armin said.

Mikass sighed and nod. She decided to give Armin some time alone so he can calm down. Mikasa went inside the stables where the others are staying. Levi's sitting on a box. He's shirtless because Sasha's stitching his wound on his left shoulder.

(A/N: I'm mad because they didn't include this scene in the anime.)

Connie's taking care of their horses while Jean is just sittinv on the ground behind a box, he's also shocked about what happened earlier. Armin killed someone in order to prevent him from getting killed.

Mikasa looked at Levi. She noticed that Levi looks more glum than his usual self. He's been silent ever since Y/N was taken away by the first squad interior MPS. Mikasa sighed.

She walked towards where Jean is. Jean looked at Mikass. "Your turn. On watch." Mikasa said and handed the shotgun to Jean.

Jean nod. "Yeah." He said and took the shotgun. "How's Armin?" Jean asked.

"Still outside." Mikasa said.

Jean looked down. "I see."

Night came and the Levi squad gathered around the stables. They made a bonfire to warm themselves and to boil a water. Sasha is outside, watching their surroundings.

Levi looked at Armin. He's the only one who's not eating or drinking. "What's wrong, Armin? This filthy stable make you lose your appetite?" Levi asked. Everyone looked at him.

They were surprised because Levi finally spoke.

Armin shool his head. "No." Armin said. "Jean." Armin called Trost boy.

Jean looked at Armin. "What?"

"There's something I don't understand. Well, honestly, when I pulled my gun, I thought I'd be too late. I'm sorry but she already had her gun pointed at you, so I can't stop wondering, how was I able to shoot first?" Armin asked.

Jean looked down, his eyes wide open as he remembers the sight of the woman Armim shot. He shut his eyes. "Well..." Jean tried to speak but no words came out from his mouth.

"Jean?" Armin called him again but he didn't say anything.

"Because she hesitated for a moment, right?" Levi asked.

Everyone looked at Levi.

"Huh?" Armin said.

Jean gritted his teeth. "Armin, I'm sorry. I should've fired, but I couldn't and now..."

Armim nod. "So that's what it was. The woman I killed must have a been a kind person. She was much more human than me. But I was able to pull the trigger right away. I'm..."