Chapter 42

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,001 words}

The Levi squad along with Hange are now on their way to the training corps to meet Keith Shadis. Riding their horses that gallops fast.

"You didn't know? Training corps instructor Shadis was the 12th commander of the survey corps, just before Erwin. It's been a while since we've seen him, too." Hange said to Eren and the other Levi squad members.

Y/N already knows that Shadis was the 12th commander of the survey corps. Of course, upon joining the survey corps, Y/N taught herself with the history of the scouting legion.

As soon as the Levi squad arrived at the training corps, there they saw instructor Keith Shadis on the field watching the new cadet trainees.

All of them hopped off from their horses. Eren quickly walked towards Shadis. "Instructor Shadis." Eren said.

Shadis tilted his head a bit to look at his visitors. The Levi squad saluted to their instructor. After all, he's the one who taught them and guide them to become soldiers.

"You're not going to sit, Braus?" Shadis asked.

"No! I'm quiet all right here!" Sasha said.

Shadis, the Levi squad, Levi and Hange are all seated in front of the dining table but Sasha remains standing on the side.

"Yes, I suppose the reason I used to summon you here in the past was to rake you over the coals." Shadis said.

Sasha gulped. Until now, she's still scared of her former instructor.

"It's only been a few months but you've all changed so much I barely recognize you." Shadis said, his eyes landed on Y/N. "Especially you, young Smith. Your hair color and hair length changed." Shadis said. Y/N just smiled.

"And I guess the last time we saw you was five years ago." Levi spoke. "You, um...changed s lot, too." Levi said.

Hange remained silent. She doesn't look too happy by meeting Keith Shadis after five years of his retirement as the 12th commander of the survey corps. And Y/N knows why.

She used to like him. Y/N thought.

"It was the first time a new commander of the survey corps had ever been named while the old one was still alive. I'd replaced my own useless self with someone talented. Perhaps you could call it the one act of mine that had merit." Shadis said.

"Commander Shadis...I mean, instructor Shadis." Hange finally spoke. "Have you figured out why we're here to speak to you just as we may figured out how to retake wall Maria?" Hange asked.

Shadis remained silent for a few moments. Until he finally broke the silence. "Eren...You remind me of your mother." He said which surprised Eren, even Armin and Mikasa. "But the fangs lurking beneat those eyes are unmistakably your father's." Shadis said.

Eren groaned. He stood up and slammed his hand on the table.
"Tell me, please! Tell me everything you know!" Eren said.

Shadis let out a deep sigh. "To be blunt, I don't know anything. But if you'd like to hear a story with no benefit whatsover to humanity, I'll tell you." Shadis said.

(A/N: It's too long so I didn't include it. You can just watch it. Also, I don't know how to put it in my point of view as narration. And I tried to find a japanese dub but I can't so I had no choice but to put here the video with only the english dub. Sorry!)