Chapter 33

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,076 words}

"Sannes! You're here!" Ralph said when Keiji, Hange and Moblit put Sannes inside his cell room.

"Are you alright?" Ralph asked but Sannes just stared at him.

Ralph stood up and walked towards Sannes. "You wouldn't let them take away your loyalty to the kind, right?" Ralph asked.

Sannes gritted his teeth. He suddenly grabbed Ralph's nech. "Huh?! H...hey! Sannes!" Ralph said while struggling to remove Sannes's hands on his neck.

"I don't want to hear another word from you! How dare you betray me after all this time?!" Sannes shouted.

"Sannes!" Hange called hi but he didn't let go. "He didn't say anything. In fact, he hasn't done anything, and we haven't asked him any questions."

Sannes looked at Hange with wide eyes. Hange showed her the script Y/N made. "We told Ralph you had been taken far away then we threatened him with a knife to get him to recite thus scrip that Y/N wrote. That's all"

Sannes let go of Ralph. Sannes fell on the floor while Ralp fell om his bed and is still struggling to breathe.

"So...So I was the traitor." Sannes said while tearing up.

"Y-you demons." Ralp said while glaring at Keiji, Hange and Moblit.

Hange removed her eye goggles.
"I won't deny that we are but Nick thought the same of you." Hange said.

Hange grabbed the cell bars and glared at the two. "Remember what
Y/N said? That she felt bad for you? Just look at you two...you're pathetic. A couple of grown men, teary-eyed and sobbing. SERVES YOU RIGHT! MORONS!" Hange shouted at the two.

Hange turned her back on the two.

"You're going to spend the rest of your lives just eating and shitting, so get used to it! See you 'round!" Hange said and was about walk out but Sannes spoke.

"One exits, another enters. The stage always needs someone in this role. When one actor leaves...another jumps in to take his place. The world will always have people like us."

Sannes side-eyed Hange. A single tear escaped his eyes. "Break a leg, Hange."

Hange didn't say anything. She ignored Sannes and walked out.

"Squad leader!" Moblit called her but Hange just continued leaving.

Hange opened the door and left the room. She gently closed it and leaned on the door. She let out a deep breathe. But she suddenly kicked a table which caused it to stumble on the floor and break.

"Hange?"

Hange stopped. She looked back and saw Y/N at the wall. "Is someting wrong?" Y/N asked.

Hange shook her head. She wore her eye goggles. "There was a cockcroach. I know I shouldn't be surprised, considering we're in an abandoned checkpoint, but my attack just now caused it to explode into million pieces. Uh-huh. Not a trace of it left." Hange said. She smiled a bit.

Y/N sighed. "Don't lie to me." Y/N said. She walked towards the table and fixed it. Even the chairs.

"I thought you and Levi are together. What's wrong, Y/N? What's that peper?" Hange asked and pointed a paper that Y/N's holding.

Y/N looked at the paper she's holding. "Levi's upstairs talking to everyone. And this paper is a little late but I just remembered a conversation between Bertholdt and Ymir. So I wrote it down here." Y/N said and handed Hange the paper.