Chapter 65

{Long Chapter Ahead - 5,895 words}

Y/n and Gabi immediately woke up after hearing loud noises outside. Both of them still looking sleepy. Hair still disheveled, morning crusts visible on their corner of their eyes and dry saliva on the corner of their mouth.  "Wha?! What is that...?!" Gabi said. She shoved the curtain of her small window to the side and was stunned to see how lively the streets of her hometown.

Y/n got out of the bed and fixed her pillow and blanket. "It's the festival today, Gabi. Go and take a bath and get ready. I'm sure your friends are waiting for you." Y/n said. Gabi smiled widely and nod her head. She got out of bed and run to the bathroom. Y/n just chuckled and shook her head. She also kept Gabi's pillows and blanket. Y/n removed the morning crust on her eyes and brush her hair using her hands. After tidying up Gabi's bed, Y/n prepared the clothes she'll wear. Thanks to Reiner, she has new clothes. The brawny male was king enough to buy her clothes. 

All she has is her uniform and a little clothes she bought before she and Eren infiltrated Marley's army. Y/n also cleaned Gabi's room while the brunette-girl is still on the bathroom. She even prepared her clothes. The blond lady's mother instincts really kicks in. Y/n just finished wiping off the dust on Gabi's cabinet when the brunette-girl came out of the bathroom.

"Aren't you gonna go with me, officer Smith?" Gabi asked while putting on clothes. 

"No...you can go first. I'll just follow." Y/n said.

Gabi smiled and nod. Y/n looked at Gabi. She frowned when she saw the droplets of water on the floor from Gabi's hair. She just mopped the floor. If Levi's here, he'll scold this brat. Y/n thought.

Y/n just let Gabi do her thing. She went to the bathroom, removed her clothes and opened the faucet in the bathtub. The water's hot making the bathroom to be filled with steam. Y/n got inside the tub even if the water still not full. Her skin relaxed with the hot water. She let out a sigh and leaned her head on the wall. Y/n closed her eyes and just let herself relax in the water.

"I'm leaving now, officer Smith! See you outside!" Gabi shouted.

Y/n smiled. "Okay!" She said.

Y/n sighed once again. Her surroundings became quiet. The water of the tub is already spilling to the floor so Y/n turned off the faucet. She then let herself sink on the water. Her eyes closed and stopping to breath. She stayed under the water for a few moments. But she suddenly sat up when she saw Ymir Fritz in her vision. Her eyes are wide-open while she stare at nowhere.

Y/n wiped her face using her wet hands just to removed the water going to her eyes. She breathed heavily and shook her head. "What does she want from me?" Y/n said to herself.

Y/n just decided to finish her bath. After taking a bath, she went out of the bathroom and changed into her clothes. A simple light blue button down long sleeve shirt that she tucked in her black pants. Y/n also wore Jean's cardigan. Everything that she has from the people she loves, it's always with her. Y/n dried up her hair and tied it in a loose ponytail, leaving some thin strands of hair on both sides of her face. Her shoes is a black ankle boots with a small heels.

After fixing herself up, Y/n then left the Braun's residence. She smiled widely upon seeing the lively streets of Liberio. There are colorful flags hanging on roped tied in the buildings. A lot of different stalls are opened. There's even a clown which Y/n hates so much. A lot of people are also outside enjoying the festival. Y/n walked around and just admired the lively surroundings.

For a moment, she forgot all her stress and worries. Though she wished that Levi and their kids will be with her to enjoy Liberio's festival. She thought it would be more happy and exciting.