Chapter 63

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,325 words}

Y/n gritted her teeth upon seeing Falco lying on the ground while reaching his hand up to the sky. The battlefield is already a big mess. Bodies are everywhere while more of Eldian soldiers are fighting for their lives. The blond lady let out a relieved sigh when she saw Colt was able to get Falco. Y/n ready her rifle and aimed for their enemy's artillery that keeps on firing at them.

"Good shot, Smith!" Magath said when Y/n was able to shot the artillery of their enemy. The shooting stopped giving the remaining Eldians on the battlefield to retreat to a safe place.

Y/n's eyes widened when another artillery was active in firing at them. She hissed when she can't see because of the smoke. "Commander! I can't aim for the other artillery! The smoke's too thick!" Y/n said in a loud voice. Magath looked through his binocular. 

"It's on the left...raised your gun a little bit and fire. I'm sure you can hit it." Magath said then left to go inside their small closed base.

Y/n frowned but she still followed the commander's instructions. Y/n's eyes widened when Colt came dashing to her side. Falco who was on his back fell on the ground. Y/n ignored the two and fired at the artillery. She sighed when she was able to shot it. Y/n put down her rifle and tended to Falco while Colt went to commander Magath who went inside their small base.

'Falco?!" Y/n said while gently slapping Falco's face.

Gabi, Udo and Zofia helped Y/n in taking care of Y/n. Y/n used herself as Falco's resting place while Zofia and Udo are treating the wound on Falco's forehead. 

"Are you drunk, Falco?" Zofia asked.

"What are we doing here?" Falco asked, he looks like as if he's high.

"He must've hit his head." Y/n said while checking Falco's pulse.

"We've been at war for four years. Do you remember?" Udo asked.

"Huh? Oh...I guess...so?" Falco said.

"Looks like we're going to have to explain the operation to you all over again. Just listen to me, Falco." Gabi said. "We've been at war for four years, but....we're finally reaching the end. All we have to do is capture fort Slava. Well, more specifically, all we have to do is sink the mid-east allied forces' fleet in the naval station right below it. And then we'll have won this war for Marley. But fort Slava defends the high ground overlooking the naval station. Attacking the port will be impossible without the control of the fort." Gabi said.

"Can't the Marley navy attack them from the sea?" Zofia asked while wiping Falco's head.

"Zofia?!" Udo said. He started wrapping Falco's forehead. "Do you really think we can count on that navy to do a thing for us?! That cesspool of incompetence that took four whole years to take control of the seas?! Their accomplishment worth a damn! And it cost them more than half of all those battleships!" Y/n, Gabi and Zofia are already panicking because Udo's squeezing Falco's head. "And they have the nerve to tell us in the army that we need to at least take down a fort for them before they can do a thing?! Like it's nothing?! Give me a break, you bastards!!" Udo said.

"Owww!!" Falco said.

"Udo!! Sop trying to rip Falco's head off!" Y/n said.

Udo came back to his senses and immediately let go of Falco. "Ah...! Sorry!" Udo said.

Falco held his head. 

"And so...why have they sent us to the front lines? We're just warrior cadets." Falco said.

Y/n helped Falco to sit properly. She picked up her rifle and then looked through it's lens to observe their enemy. "Can't you tell...? It's so they can figure it out. Which one of us will be...the next warrior." Gabi said making her friends looked at her while Y/n remained looking through the lends of her rifle. "The time is coming soon. Commander Magath has decided that this is where our final exam will to be held. He has eyes on what's coming next. The operation to suppress the Island of Paradis. He's looking for someone to inherit...what will be our greatest weapon there. The armored titan." Gabi said with an arrogant smile. Y/n raised a brow. Suppress Paradis, huh?