Chapter 30

{Long Chapter Ahead - 4,633 words}

"I was born on a small farm in the north part of wall Sina." Historia spoke. Everyone looked at her. Levi along with his new squad members were busy eating when they were interrupted by Historia.

Y/N swallowed the bread she's eating.

"So you're from Orvud, too?" Y/N asked.

Historia nod her head.

Y/N smiled. "I'm from Orvud, too. And we both grew up in a farm. I guess we have some similarites, Historia." Y/N said. She's obviously trying to comfort Historia.

Historia sighed. "Maybe, we do have some similiraties, Y/N." Historia said.

Y/N smiled. "Go on and tell us whatever you want to say. We're here to listen." Y/N said.

Historia nod.

"It was farm on land controlled by the noble Reiss family. As far back as I remember, I was always helping out on the farm. My mother was always reading book. I never saw her doing housework. She was a beautiful woman. When night came, she would dress up in showy clothes and someone would come in a carriage to take her town. She seemed to have some other source of income besides the family business. That was just normal life for me. But I learned to read and write. And when I started to imitate my mother by reading books, I learned that I was very much alone."

"In all the books I read, mothers showed interest in their children.
In books, they would speak to them, hold them, scold them. I had never experienced any of those things. My grandparents would speak to me when they taught me how to work, but I had never spoken to my mother."

"I also noticed that the other children could around around freely, and that they'd play with other kids their age. To me, other children were dangerous. They'd throw rocks at me. Needless to say, I never left the farm."

"One day out of curiosity, I decided to try hugging my mother. I wanted to see what kind of face she would make. All she had done was toss me away. But it was the first time my mother had ever done anything to me. That was enough to make me happy. "If only I had the courage to kill this girl." Those were my mother's first words to me."

"After that, my mother left the house and started living somewhere else. Eventually, I realized. My grandfather and grandmother, the people who worked on the farm, the people who lived on the land, everyone. They would all be happier if I wasn't alive."

"What had I done? Why were things this way? There was no one I could ask. The farm was my whole world. The animals on the farm were my only friends. Most of my days were spent doing farm work, but the work helped me forget about my loneliness."

"And then, after a few nights after that day five years ago when wall Maria fell, I met my father for the first time. "Hello, Historia. My name is Rod Reiss. I'm your father." The name the man gave was the name of the lord who ruled that land."

"My mother whom I hadn't seen in years was also there. But she seemed terrified. "Historia, you're going to live with me from now on." As soon as he said that, my father took me toward a carriage waiting outside."

"And then...my mother shrieked. And I noticed we were surrounded by men. One man restrained my mother and pointed a knife on her neck. My mother cried out of fear as the man talks to her. My mother said that I am not her child, the man then asked my father is it is true, he said that he is unrelated to us. My mother cried when my father denied her. "If only, if only you'd never been born." Those were my mother's last words before she her neck was slit by the man restraining her."

"Moment before I was going to be killed, too. My father made a proposal, if I lived a quiet life somwehere far away, they'd let me go free. After that, I lived in a settlement for two years, entered the training corps when I turned twelve. Then I met all of you."