Chapter 38

{Long Chapter Ahead - 6,373 words}

Y/N opened her eyes when she didn't feel Historia injected the serum to her. She looked at Historia who's just staring at her arm with her wide-eyes open.  Rod walked towards Historia. He leaned closer to his daughter.

"What's wrong, Historia? Are you hesitating? You just have to inject that serum into her body. That's all." Rod said. Y/N can't help but grit her teeth out of annoyance towards Rod.

He's like a devil whispering to person to do bad things. Y/N thought.

Y/N was surprised when Historia removed the injection on her arm. Historia faces his father who was also shock. "Father, my sister, why didn't she fight?" Historia asked.

Kenny who's hanging on a pillar using his vertical maneuvering equipment watched them like he's just watching a theatre play. Eren, too. He only watched since he can't do anything at his state. And he doesn't have any plan to fight anymore.

"The hell?" Kenny spoke. "You've got no guts, Historia. Hurry up and transform Y/N into the ruler of the world. I would rather serve her than you or Rod." Kenny muttered.

(A/N: Give Eren and Kenny some popcorn. They be enjoying the show.)

"Not just Frieda. In the hundred years since humanity was first trapped by the titans. Why didn't the Reiss family ever get rid of the threat of the titans and free humanity? Despite having the power to control all titans."

"I remember. Sometimes Frieda would start acting like a completely different person. Like she was being possessed by something. She'd say that we're sinners. And afterwards, she'd get really depressed. Like there was something constantly troubling her."

Rod looked down.

"Was that because she inherited the lost memories of this world? Did she inherit the first king's ideology, too?"

Historia asked.

Rod let out a deep sigh and nod his head. "That's right. The first king Reiss, the man who created this walled land wished for a world where humanity was ruled by the titans."

Y/N, Eren and Historia's eyes widened.

"The first king believed that was the way to true peace. I don't know why. It's only known to those who see the memories of this world."

Rod held Historia's hand that's holding the syringe. He held Y/N's right arm, anytime he's ready to inject the syringe to Y/N. If Historia won't do it, he'll do it.

"I learned that firsthand. My father acted the same way when he inherited the king's ideology. Both my brother and I wanted him to free humanity from the titans. We asked him time and time again. But he did not grant our wish. Nor fid he ever reveal why."

"Eventually, the day came when my father had to entrust his role to a son. My younger brother volunteered himself, but he gave me a mission of my own in exchange. He said he wanted me to pray. When I saw my brother's eyes after he had inherited the power of the titans, I understood what he meant."

"My brother had the sole creator of this world and it's ultimate governing force. An all-knowing all-powerful being. Do you what that's called?" Rod asked Historia. But she didn't answer.

Rod smiled. "God. Our word for that is God. There is meaning in every catastrophe. Whether humanity is fated to perish or survive." Rod slowly put back the injection on Y/N's arms. Y/N hissed in pain because of the needle. "That decision is in God's hands." Rod said. He put Historia's fingers on the button (?) of the injection. "My mission it to summon God back into this world and offers my prayers to her. I'm sorry for not explaining everything earlier but what choice do we have leff?" Rod asked. Historia just stared at him.