Chapter 68

{Long Chapter Ahead - 7,255 words}

"Percy, watch out!"

Corrine laughed after throwing the ball to her twin-brother and it hit Percy's forehead. Percy groaned as he caressed his forehead. He was too busy reading a book that he didn't have the time to get ready for the ball that Corrine threw at him.

"Hah! I got you!" Corrine said, still laughing. Her laughter faded away when she saw a bruise on her twin- brother's forehead. "Oops." She said.

Corrine immediately run towards Percy. "Hey...sorry." Corrine said and tried to touch her twin-brother's forehead. Percy clicked his tongue and even rolled his eyes at Corrine.

"I'll tell mom." Percy said.

Corrine frowned and lightly kicked Percy's ankle. "You're such a mama's boy! And you can't tell mom! She'll be stressed if she finds out! Remember what dad said? Let's not stressed  mom even ifi she isn't conscious."

Percy closed his book. It's a Science book that Hange gifted to him for his last year's birthday. "Then why did you throw your ball at me?" He said.

Corrine chuckled. "Nothing. I just wanted to. And your nose have been stuck up in your book. You'll end up a nerd if you keep that up." She said.

Percy stood up, holding his book and Corrine's ball. He plafully grinned and threw the ball at Corrine's face that it made Corrine to whined and cry.

"Ow! That hurt! I'll tell dad!" Corrine said while tearing up.

Percy laughed out loud making Corrine to cry even more. "If I'm a mama's boy then you're a daddy's girl! Hah...I bet dad will just scold you. You started it anyway."

Percy said and smirked. He walked out leaving Corrine still crying. Percy looked back and was surprised when the ball was already coming for him.

Before the ball could even hit hs face, he turned around as he jumped and kicked the ball. The ball flew far away and landed in front of Kaya who just got out their house. "WOAH! WOAH! HOW DID YOU DO THAT, PERCY?!"

Percy looked at Corrine who's now running towards him. He looks shock just like Kaya and Corrine. Corrine stopped beside Percy. While Kaya picked up the ball and run towards the Ackerman twins. "That surprised me, Percy. How can you throw a ball that far?" Kaya asked. Kaya was amazed and curious at the same time.

Percy took the ball from Kaya. "Uhm...I don't know. I just did it...by instincts, I think. Though that move I did was from mom. I always see her doing that whenever she and dad train together. I just...copied it."

Kaya and Corrine looked at each other then they looked at Percy.

"No way...I've been watching mom train by herself or with dad...but I can't even copy her moves." Corrine said. She suddenly frowned. "I asked her to teach me, but she said I'm too young for it. I hope mom wakes up already and teach me now." She said.

Kaya smiled and pat Corrine's head. "You must be missing your mother so much. We're the same. I miss my mother, too." Kaya said.

Corrine and Percy became gloomy. "Kaya...do you think our mom will still wake up?" Corrine asked.

"Corrine!" Percy said. He felt pissed off by Corrine's question.

Corrine looked at Percy. "What? I'm just asking...it's been one month but mom is still sleeping...and then..." Corrine's eyes became glossy. "Dad...we haven't seen him in a while, too. He's taking too long keeping an eye on that monkey he said."

Percy let out a deep sigh. He held Corrine's hand and squeezed it. "Let's just wait...I'm sure they'll both come back soon. And while they're not here, I'll protect you, Lucas and Ember. Remember what mom and dad said?"