ARJUN'S BIRTHDAY

It was the day of Srimukha Phalgun poornima, and for some reason Tamasvini woke up early. So she decided to get ready for the day.

Soon Arjun came out after performing his morning prayers and was suprised seeing getting ready. For a moment he was lost seeing her applying Kajal in her eyes.

He walked and stood behind her, as her gaze fell on him she got startled and poked her eyes.

"Ouch !" She winced.

"Are you alright ?" He asked kneeling in front of her.

"Why did you sneak up behind me !?" She asked.

"I... I'm sorry." He said looking down.

"Do you have something against my eyes ? It gets hurt because of you and you're always sorry." Tamasvini said.

"What more can I do besides being sorry ?" Arjun said with a voice filled with sadness.

She shook her head and left, as Arjun sighed in frustration, this day alone was a heavy toll for him.

Tamasvini went straight to the kitchen and saw Kunti making kheer by herself.

"Mata is there something special today ?" Tamasvini asked.

"You don't know ?" Kunti asked.

"No." Tamasvini shook her head.

"It's Arjun's birthday." Kunti said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"It's his birthday and he didn't tell me ?" Tamasvini muttered.

She ran outside the kitchen and straight to their room, angry as to how he didn't think it was important to tell her. Reaching the room she saw him preparing the plate of aarti.

"Kumar ? Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday ?" She asked.

But instead of receiving a sarcastic answer as she expected, she got a sad look from him.

"I don't want to fight today Tamasvini." He said. She frowned.

"You're not happy on your own birthday ?" Tamasvini asked going towards him.

"There is nothing joyous about today." Arjun said expressionlessly.

Tamasvini looked at him, he was completely in grief but didn't let it show. He looked at her and gave the plate of aarti to her.

"If you would attend the puja with me for my late father, Maharaj Pandu then it would mean a lot." He said in a pleading tone.

Tamasvini now understood, his father Pandu had passed away on his birthday, that's why he is sad and grief-stricken.

"I will." Tamasvini said.

"Thank you. I will be waiting in the temple." Arjun said and left.

Tamasvini looked at her black attire and knew she shouldn't attend puja in these, for his sake. On the other side Arjun reached the temple and saw Kauravas already there.

He lowered his gaze not wanting to deal with them today but little did he know that the Kauravas on the other hand had woken up today just to worsen his day even more.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

What are Duryodhan and the Kauravas up to ?