PRAISE OF ARJUN

In her room Tamasvini was writing a letter to Arjun wanting to inform him about his sons, after she was done, she turned around and saw Nabhraj and Biraj fidgeting with the toys together.

She smiled seeing them, even though they had grown up, they still looked as innocent as babies.

"Boys, I think it's time for bed." Tamasvini said.

She went and sat down on the beds as they both came sprinting towards her lying down with their heads on her lap.

"Mother, can you tell us about our father ?" Biraj asked.

"I too want to know about him." Nabhraj said.

"Your father is the son of Devraj Indra. He is the greatest warrior of Bharatvarsh, chief among Kshatriyas, he is the pride of his clan and Aryavart. He is an unparalleled archer, even gods, Gandharvas and Asuras have failed to defeat him. Holding his mighty bow Gandiv, he looks like Mahadev holding Pinak and Narayan holding Sharang. When he blazes in anger the enemies run away in fear, like sheeps running away from a lion. Your father remains undefeated in battlefields." Tamasvini said caressing their heads.

"Wow." Nabhraj said impressed.

"He seems frightening." Biraj said.

"In battlefields he is frightful but there is another side to him. A side that is extremely gentle. You father Arjun is called Narottam for he is the best among men. He is humble, he is filled with humility, he has a very forgiving nature. His temperament is cool, he never loses his calmness, always stays composed even in the most difficult times. He is very caring and has love for everyone." Tamasvini said.

"Mother now we are confused." Nabhraj said.

"Why ?" Tamasvini asked.

"We are confused whether our father is a warrior or a sage." Biraj said. Tamasvini chuckled.

"Your father is a warrior only, but his soul is that of an eternal sage." Tamasvini smiled.

Nabhraj and Biraj smiled at the greatness of their father. But their heart desired to know more about him.

"Now you both go to sleep." Tamasvini said.

"But we're not sleepy." Nabhraj said.

"My sons are not sleepy ? Unexpected." Tamasvini said.

"Can you sing us a lullaby ?" Biraj said.

"A lullaby ?" Tamasvini frowned.

"Yes, about the valor of our father." Nabhraj said.

"Oh. So you both want to hear more praises of your father." Tamasvini said pinching their cheeks.

"Yes !" Both the twins said.

"Fine." Tamasvini said.

She remembered the letters she got from her husband about his conquests and her heart knew what to sing in the glory of Arjun.

"Karm ki talwar leke, Dharm ki lalkar leke
Ek yogi tha, woh yogi tha sabpe bhari
Baan uski saadhna tha, Yudh toh aaradhna tha
Ek yogi tha...uski toh Mahima thi nyari.

Bargad sa khada, tarkash ko chadha
Jab-jab usne dhanush maroda
Ran mei kape toh kaal thar thar." Tamasvini sang what was in her heart.

Nabhraj and Biraj smiled listening to her sing in her hauntingly melodious and soothing voice.

"Jo na kabhi bhi nirbal pe chhute
Vo baan bhi hai aur teer wahi hai
Jo kaal-vachan ki mariyada rakhta
Woh maan lo tum ke veer wahi hai

Woh gyaan bhi tha,
Aisa tha shankar ka abhimaan bhi tha
Brahma ka Vishnu ka woh roop le chinghadta tha
Ran mei kaape toh kaal thar thar.

Karm ki talwar leke, dharm ki lalkar leke
Ek yogi tha, uski hai yeh gatha sari
Baan uski saadhna tha Yudh toh aaradhna tha
Ek yogi tha...woh yogi tha ya sanghari ?" Tamasvini sang.

She too enjoyed singing the glories of her husband. Nabhraj and Biraj both closed their eyes, imagining their great father.

"Woh sheel bhi tha, Shalin bhi tha
Acchar mei toh Pandav tha sach mei
Par samne jo ran-ghor macha ho
Vikral Shiv ka Tandav tha sach mei

Ghanghor tha woh, Uttar tha Dakshin tha
Ghanghor tha woh
Purav aur paschim pe adhikar Dhanush Tankar kare jo
Ran mei kaape toh kaal thar-thar.

Karm ki talwar leke dharm ki lalkar leke
Ek Yogi tha woh Yogi tha sabpe bhari
Baan uski saadhna tha Yudh toh aaradhna tha
Ek yogi tha...woh yogi that par sansari." Tamasvini sang.

She then looked at her sons sleeping peacefully. She smiled caressing their heads and then looked outside, at the moon, for she knew somewhere in the north Arjun too would be looking at it

"Return soon Arya." She muttered.

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

Gunasampan, Balasampan Yashasampan, Veer Mahaveer

Shirshotam, Purushottam, Kshatrotam, Veer Mahaveer !

Truly....ek yogi tha, woh Sadhu tha ya Sanghari ?

KARM KI TALWAR IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE SONGS !

Listen if you haven't -