KHANDAV-DAHAN

The Trigun sisters, Hidimba, Balram and the rest of the Pandavaswere with the citizens when suddenly something started blazing in their peripheral vision.

They turned their heads and saw that Khandav van was burning and Arjun and Krishna were mounted on their raths.

"What are they doing ?" Yudhishthir asked frowning.

"Looks like they are helping Agnidev to devour the forest." Balram said.

As Agnidev devoured the forest, Krishna with his Sudarshan Chakra prevented any water to shower on him while Arjun stopped anyone from leaving the forest.

Indra came there furious that his own son is going against him. He with full force tried to stop Krishna and Arjun but they both effectively fought against him and also stopped any creature who tried to escape.

In the forest, Takshak was not there for he had gone to Kurukshetra, his wife and son Aswasen were there who tried to escape the fire but were confined by the arrows of Arjun.

"Putra, only one of us can escape. So I shall give you refuge inside me and we shall escape." The wife of Takshak said.

"Alright Mata." Aswasen nodded.

His mother enlarged himself and first swallowed his head and then was swallowing his tail. But by then Arjun's sharp gaze fell on them.

He realised that they were about to escape. Thus he severed her head from her body by means of a sharp and keen-edged arrow.

Indradev saw all this, and desiring to save his friend's son, he shot his terrible Vajra at Arjun, depriving him of consciousness.

In those few moments until Arjun regained his consciousness, Aswasen succeeded in escaping with a determination to avenge his mother's death from Arjun.

After Arjun regained his consciousness, he looked at Indradev, by then Pandavas with their wives and Balram also came there.

Tamasvini frowned looking at Indradev and then at Arjun who was injured because of the Vajra, but still stood tall and strong, ready to fight.

"Should I make Indradev fall again so he sees the truth ?" Tamasvini asked.

"Don't get involved this time." Satyamurti said sternly.

"Indradev, do respect the competence of the son born from you. His competence has given you glory." Krishna said.

"Vasudev, I have promised Takshak to protect this forest." Indradev said.

"Arjun and I have also promised Indradev to let him devour this forest." Krishna said.

"But if it is between the promise of father and son, then whose promise is superior ?" Indradev asked.

"Both. The success of the father gives knowledge to the son, and the success of the son gives glory to the father. Right now you must help Arjun to fulfill his promise." Krishna said.

"Arjun, one doesn't ask for help with weapons in hand." Indradev said.

"I was just showing my skills to please you, Indradev." Arjun said.

"But the arrows were shot in my direction !" Indradev said.

"Indradev, you reside in every direction. Tell me in which direction should I shoot my arrows to please you ?" Arjun asked. Indradev smiled.

"What help do you seek from me Arjun ?" Indradev asked.

"Let Agnidev devour the Khandav van, for it is the order of Brahmadev. We promise to build the city of ours right there and it will be named after you. It would be called Indraprasth." Arjun said.

"I am pleased, ask anything and it will be given." Indradev said.

"If you're being so graceful then build a city which will be worthy enough to be named after you." Arjun said.

"Gladly. I shall order Vishwakarma to built a grand city for you." Indradev said and disappeared. 

□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□□
A/N

FUN FACTS ABOUT NAR NARAYAN FROM MAHABHARAT -

Bhagwaan Nar is the eternal companion of Bhagwaan Narayan.

Nar Narayan are two bodies one soul.

It is said that Nar-Narayan were born as Arjun and Krishna because of their own wishes.

Mahadev and Brahmadev have said that Nar Narayan are the true creators of the universe and they are the great energy that keeps it together.

Brahmadev has said that Nar Narayan are ancient, eternal and everlasting gods.

Brahmadev has also said that if Arjun and Krishna wanted they could destroy the entire Kuru Sena with their minds but they do not wish so because Nar Narayan are in their human avatars and respect its limits.

Bhagwaan Nar is one of the gods who destroys the god-haters, along with Sheshnaag, Adityas, Chandra, Rudras, Ashwins etc.