Moving forward

(There's gonna be some gender-bend characters)

Let's start

A boy was sitting on a chair, waiting for someone to enter the interrogation room.

(Y/N): *Why am I in here? Did I do something wrong?*

Then a woman opened the door with some papers and took the seat in front of (Y/N).

(Y/N): *Wait, she is...*

Olivia (Fem Ozpin): Well, let's see, (Y/N) Buchanan Barnes is a teenager that had an almost everyday life. The only problem is that he was born without a semblance and aura, making him highly vulnerable to special attacks. This disadvantage wasn't enough to stop him, and he decided to keep training and improving his physical and psychological skills also focused a part of his exercise on guns and close combat, that's why he is capable of facing his opponents even if they have a semblance. Also, he is considered one of the best students at Signal, scoring perfect or almost perfect on all his written tests. (She placed the papers on the table and looked at him) You are a peculiar case, aren't you?

(Y/N): Well, if you think about it, every case is a peculiar case in the end.

Olivia: But not as peculiar as you. Maybe you are wondering why we are here.

(Y/N): Well, yes.

Olivia: Can you tell me what you remember?

(Y/N): I was buying some ammo, but soon, I heard gunshots coming from the shop across the street. I deduced that someone was trying to rob it, so I went to stop him.

Olivia: You got into a fight with a thief who also used his semblance on you?

(Y/N): Exactly, his semblance was to multiply by illusion.

Olivia: How did you beat him?

(Y/N): His illusion had a short delay, so at the moment that he attacked simultaneously, I identified the real one, then I only shot at the hand of the real one, so he could drop his weapon, well took me three shots because it's hard to hit a hand.

Olivia: You went to fight hand to hand?

(Y/N): Yes, I gained the upper hand, even him having his aura protecting him. Then a group of four people held me and knocked down the thief. Then I got here.

Olivia: Those four are students from Beacon. They are team STRQ. Speaking of Beacon, do you know who I am?

(Y/N): You are Olivia, the headmistress of Beacon.

Olivia: Correct!

(Y/N): Um, so I told you what happened. Did I do something wrong?

Olivia: No, nothing at all. I just asked you to confirm the report.

(Y/N): So, uh, can I go now?

Olivia: Can you answer a question first?

(Y/N): Yea, of course.

Olivia: Would you like to attend Beacon?

He was surprised by the question.

Olivia: It's a good deal. Don't you think? I get you to study at Beacon, and you keep improving your fighting skills in combat class.

(Y/N): Do you think I can be there, knowing I don't even have an aura? I mean, I'm not qualified for that.

Olivia: You'll do fine. I trust your skills; just be careful in combat class.

(Y/N): Ok, ok... I accept. I hope this takes the best outcome.

Olivia: All done then! You start on Monday. Here this is where it will be the bullhead.

Olivia hands him a paper with the directions.

(Y/N): Oh, Oum, I'm going to be in Beacon... I hope Steve would be proud of me...

Olivia: For sure, he would be proud.

(Y/N): Thanks... Well, I'll take my leave then.

Olivia: Alight (Y/N), take care, and see you on Monday.

(Y/N) left the room and quickly found the exit. On the street, he saw team STRQ standing there. Summer went to talk to him.

Summer: (Y/N) Buchanan Barnes, right?

(Y/N): Yes, that's my name. Are you from team STRQ?

Summer: That's right, I'm Summer Rose. Nice to meet you.

Tai: Taiyang Xiao Long.

Raven: The name is Raven Branwen.

Quill (Fem Qrow): And I am Quill Branwen.

(Y/N): Nice to meet you all.

Summer: So tell (Y/N), are you ok?

(Y/N): Yeah, I'm excellent. Why are you asking?

Summer: Professor Olivia told us about your situation. We wanted to know why you are still fighting.

(Y/N): I have to survive. After all, Remnant is full of dangers... I can't expect the world to have a different behavior just because I'm not like everyone, so it's on me to adapt to this world. You saw what happened at the store. I can tell that you weren't there to stop the criminal. You were there to bring me to Olivia.

Quill: That makes sense, but now that you mention it, I'm curious, what did Olivia tell you?

(Y/N): She wanted me to join Beacon, and I took the offer.

Summer: Congratulations! Do your best!

(Y/N): Haha, thank you. Ah, I better get going now, Olivia told me that my first day was on Monday, but she made it sound like there's still time left, but it's tomorrow.

Summer: Bye then. See you tomorrow.

(Y/N): Bye and see you.

With that, (Y/N) makes his way back home. Once there, he started to pack his belongings.

(Y/N): *So Beacon academy, huh, better finish with this. Also, with all that happened, I think I need to rearrange my schedule... I have to rest. Today was a long day.*

Soon he realized he had forgotten his handgun at Olivia's interrogation place.

(Y/N): *Dammit, how could I forget about that. Mmm... It's too late to go back... Ah, ok, I gonna assume that Olivia kept it for now... At least I still have my knife.*

(Y/N) packed the last things in his bag and prepared to sleep.