The better date

Summer's POV

I'm ready to meet (Y/N) again.

Raven: Hey. Are you ready?

Summer: Hang on, I forgot something.

I used my semblance and returned with the cookies for him.

Raven: Now, hop in the portal. I will stay here meanwhile.

She spawned the portal, and I crossed it.

At Atlas

Looks like (Y/N) was waiting in a park, so I surprised him with a tight hug.

Summer: (Y/N).

(Y/N): Hey, Summer. Happy to see you.

We stared at each other, and then we kissed. I wanted to see him so much.

Summer: Here, I made these for you.

He smiled. He seems so happy, only with these cookies.

(Y/N):  Thanks, Summer!

He ate one.

(Y/N): These cookies are one of the best things I've ever tasted.

I hugged him very tightly.

(Y/N): C-calm down. You are going to deplete my Aura with that strength.

Aura?

Summer: What? You have...

(Y/N): I finally have Aura, a synthetic one.

He manifested his Aura. It was a light grey colored one.

(Y/N): Idea from Olivia, courtesy of Winter. I wanted to surprise you.

Summer: Oh my! That's awesome! Congratulations!

He chuckled and offered me his hand, but I clung to his arm.

(Y/N): That will do too. Let's go.

This time nobody will ruin our date.

(Y/N): Hm? You got stiff in an instant. Is something wrong?

Summer: Ah? Oh. Sorry, I just felt a cold breeze.

(Y/N): It's okay. After all, it's Atlas. Here take my jacket.

I want to accept it so badly.

Summer: Really? Won't you get cold?

(Y/N): Actually, my 'thermometer' is a bit different. This ambient is not that cold for me... Y'know, the serum modified more than my strength.

I wore his jacket, so warm.

Summer: You are so kind (Y/N).

(Y/N): Well-

???: (Y/N)? Is that really you?

(Y/N) didn't seem happy to hear that voice.

(Y/N): What are the chances...

Summer: (Y/N)? Who is...?

(Y/N): My ex-girlfriend.

So this was (Y/N) first girlfriend?

Ex: Good to know that you remember me after all of these years. Did you replace me with this hag?

(Y/N): Hey! Watch it!

Ex: How long has it been? 23 years?

(Y/N): Probably was that long for you. I don't care.

Ex: Hah, look at you, so remorseful. It's like you remember it as if it was a year ago.

Summer: Remember what?

(Y/N): She decided to cheat on me. Actually, she cheated for quite a long time, four months out of a year of the relationship.

Summer: Oh? Really, you fucking bitch!

I felt something snap inside me as I approached her with my battleaxe. That fucking slut got pretty scared, but (Y/N) stopped me.

Summer: ...

(Y/N): Let me handle it!

Ex: Fuck off, hag.

(Y/N) threatened her with his metal arm.

(Y/N): I don't care what you say to me, but if you dare to disrespect my girlfriend once more. I'm going to demonstrate to you what this titanium arm was used for. Got it?

Ex: Y-you can't beat me in a fight...

She sounded so scared.

(Y/N): What are you talking about? I beat you and your bitchboy on that two-against-one match. I didn't even get hit. If I did it outnumbered once, I will do it better now.

He noticed that people started to gaze at us. So he let her go.

(Y/N): It was nice to know that even people like you manage to live past 20. Look, I wish you well, and I hope I never have to see you again in my life. Goodbye.

I glared at her. (Y/N) dragged me away. We walked for a while until (Y/N) calmed me down.

(Y/N): I'm sorry you had to experience that.

Summer: It's okay. If it wasn't for you, I may have done something wrong.

(Y/N): Don't mention it...

He sighed and stood more relaxed. We stared at each other then he caressed my cheek before kissing me.

(Y/N): Hey, let me invite you a meal. I know a nice spot.

He took my hand and guided me to quite an elegant place.

(Y/N): My treat.

We sat to eat and chat. Soon I forgot the previous encounter. I only focused on (Y/N), which is enough to make me smile again, this feeling of youth in my body. I feel like this every time I spend time with (Y/N).

Summer: Haha, what are you saying? Did you discover that you can't get drunk?

(Y/N): Yeah, probably the serum. Willow once offered me aged whiskey at those events. Willow kept refilling my cup until the bottle was empty.

Summer: Pfff. I bet Quill will be impressed by that.

(Y/N): Have I told you about the raven that is keeping me company?

Summer: No, tell me.

(Y/N): There's a raven that followed me all the way back from Beacon, I don't know how, but it also understands me.

That's clearly Raven...

Summer: It must be keeping you an eye...

(Y/N): I think so. It helps me with my n... tasks sometimes...

Summer: Hm?

(Y/N): By the way, have you been doing fine, right?

Summer: Yeah, just some scouting out sometimes, and unusual Grimm fights back there. Nothing is out of place. What about you?

(Y/N): I'm trying to keep up my effectiveness in catching HYDRA. Occasionally I help Willow with her business, just a little bodyguard work. At other times, Winter asks me to fight off Grimm.

Summer: Wow, you have a tight schedule.

(Y/N): It's okay. It helps me to distract myself.

Summer: Hm? From what?

(Y/N): From... you know... this whole Winter Soldier thing...

I reached for his left arm.

Summer: (Y/N)... I know it's hard, I know that this whole situation is fucked up... maybe traumatic, and you may have many doubts about yourself, but know, from now, and ever, that you are a good man. I will always be with you and always support you. Please never forget that.

(Y/N): Summer... I... thanks... I really needed that.

Summer: Anytime (Y/N).