Getting used to Beacon

While playing their board game, they talked about different things.

(Y/N): You are telling me you broke a guy's hand in blackjack?

He asked as he advanced his troops toward Raven's nation.

Raven: He did owe me money, so I challenged him.

She responds, defending the attack.

Quill: Oh yeah, I remember. You got lucky to get 21 with 2 cards in that match, sis.

(Y/N): How much did he owe you?

Raven: I remember buying ice cream after the game.

(Y/N): I see *Let's hope she won't hurt me if I lose*

Summer: How cruel, Raven. (Says while placing a card)

Raven: Aw, c'mon he was fine...., just crying all over the floor, but hey, worth it.

Quill: (Laughing) A classic, how about you? There's some exciting story you wanna tell (Y/N)?

(Y/N): Um, let me think... Oh yeah, there once was a rumor about a rather extremist organization.

Summer: Ooohh, I wanna hear more.

Quill: That sounds interesting.

(Y/N): This group goes by the name Hydra and intends to take over Remnant, but here's the fantastic side of the story cause they plan to do it by exploiting the powers of the maidens, and this last one is just a fairy tale, right?

Summer: For what I know... Yeah, just a fairy tale.

(Y/N): It gets more confusing, there was a guy that had some blueprints of a hypothetical maiden power extractor and container, and I got the luck of seeing it with my eyes. If you ask me, I'd say that it looked weird.

Raven: Where are those blueprints now? Or that guy?

(Y/N): I don't know. He just disappeared after a week, and no one in my neighborhood knew more about him. Later there was some whispering that he was either killed by Hydra or silenced by some secret Vale authorities.

Quill: Wooow, dark. I wonder if that's the way elites solve their problems.

She smirks with a card in her right hand, looking at Summer.

Quill: Horde of Ursa Major. How are you going to deal with it, Summer?

Summer reveals her card.

Summer: Negative feelings waves, your horde has been redirected to Vacuo. What a pity (Y/N).

(Y/N): Not so fast, Vacuo sandstorm, the Grimms perish in the sands.

Raven: Atlas tactic infiltration, your tech-based defenses have been disabled for a turn.

(Y/N): Oh, Oum, this isn't good...

After playing for a while, the game victory goes for Raven.

Quill: Just my luck. I was so close.

They all stood up, packing up the game. (Y/N) noticed a bookshelf that had the Literature tag.

Quill: Oh, the bookworm wanna get a new book.

(Y/N): As I said, it's not like that. I was thinking about the rumor I told you. Maybe it's exaggerated, but what if ''The Maidens'' tale is a way to prevent us from believing that they are real?

Raven: If you were to discover that the maidens are real, what would you do with that information?

(Y/N): I don't know, maybe worry more about Hydra, those 2 rumors are connected, and if one of them is true, then the other one is too. (He takes out the book of the maidens) I will investigate more about this when I'm bored. There's no point in wasting too much time on mere tales...

They leave the library and arrive at (Y/N) dorm.

(Y/N): Well, I think it's all for the day. I guess I'll see all of you in class.

Raven: Bye (Y/N).

Summer: Bye-bye

Quill: If you got something new bout Hydra, count me in.

They leave for their dorm, and (Y/N) enters his.

(Y/N): Ah, time to rest.

Before going to bed, he wrote down some information about his Hydra and Maidens investigation.

(Y/N): This will do for today.

With that, he proceeded to get some sleep.

Next day

The morning for (Y/N) was average for him. He found it similar to Signal, so he had no problem waking up. After going for some breakfast, he meets again with Summer, and she instructs him where was his first class. He gave her his last cookie in gratitude, and (Y/N) noticed that she liked them very much. He walked for a bit, got into the classroom, and sat in an empty place.

(Y/N): *Nice and easy*

Quill: If it isn't the bookworm. How you doin'?

She sat beside (Y/N)

(Y/N): Great for the moment. It's nice to see you here.

Quill: We got the same classes, so we will see each other often.

(Y/N): That's good to hear. Glad to have a familiar face.

Quill: Agreed.

(Y/N): Tell me, Quill, How are the combat classes here, harsh or what?

Quill: The matches there are pretty hard, but I haven't got beaten, thanks to my skills.

She said that with a most likely proud voice. (Y/N) chuckles

(Y/N): You do seem strong. No doubt you haven't lost.

Quill: Why, thank you!

Later in the day/Afternoon

(Y/N) makes his way to the combat classroom

Olivia: Hello (Y/N).

(Y/N): Oh hi, (He checks his surroundings) Olivia, good to see you.

Olivia: Good to see you too. I'm here to ask you a little thing.

(Y/N): Sure, go on.

Olivia: As you know, there is a combat class, Are you ready to fight other opponents, or do you need time to get used to Beacon?

(Y/N): Well, if it is obligatory to fight, I guess I'll find a way to at least not die.

Olivia: Oh, obviously, it's not going to be like that.

(Y/N): I'm going to go safe. I think it's better to look at the battles, so I know what I'll be facing.

Olivia: Very well, a cautious choice for sure. Let's put an estimated time. What do you say a month until you're ready?

(Y/N): Sound good to me.

Olivia: Excellent, you are free to go to the class.

In the combat class

(Y/N) watched the match and wrote down some ideas that he could practice later.

Quill: Writing some techniques, eh?

(Y/N): It's my only way to improve for now. I can't just go there and get my bones broken.

Quill: Aye, cautious, hm, bookworm?

(Y/N): Certainly, safety comes first.

Quill: Why don't you train with me? Maybe we can exchange some tactics, y'know.

(Y/N): That sounds fantastic, but I don't want to drag you down. I mean-

Quill: Hey, it's ok if you were admitted to Beacon 1 year early. It's because you have potential, and Olivia noticed it. You'll do fine.

(Y/N) smiles and nods

(Y/N): Alright then, let's give it a try.