Almost Subtle

We're all in the living room now. It's amazing how large it is. Weiss's sister greeted us. She seemed very educated and all, like a stricter Weiss. I couldn't help noticing that she looked at me very often.

Winter: Ruby Rose.

Ruby: Y-yes?

Winter: May I ask you where is your mother?

Oddly specific question... I can't say that she is here in Atlas.

Ruby: Last time I saw mom, she was at Vale.

Winter: Interesting.

Should I ask why she made that question?... No... it's not worth it.

Weiss's POV

Weiss: I think I forgot my scroll in my bedroom. I will be right back.

Winter: Don't take too long.

I stood up and went to search for the pass. I'm sure Winter left it in her bedroom when she arrived. It feels a bit wrong doing this, but I agreed when professor Olivia offered the mission. There's no turning back now.

Weiss: Where is this pass?

I searched on her desk. It must be there.

Weiss: What is this?

Some reports about the Winter Soldier... aside, there was one about Ruby's mom. I saw some lines.

Weiss: "Expected to be at Atlas. Detain at sight."  

How did they know?

Weiss: Wierd.

I'm taking too long... I found the pass and took it. I hope Winter doesn't notice. When I went back, Blake was asking her about the company.

Winter: There's no slavery at the Schnee Dust Company, not anymore since mother has been managing the company, and discrimination is frowned upon, at least in the company.

A debate or something like that...? Ah, whatever, we should rest for today.

(Next Day)

Now we are on our way to the Atlas Military prison, Neopolitan disguised already, and everything is going according to plan. Failing is impossible.

Near Zola's Bunker.

Summer's POV

I think we are close to our objective.

Quill: Hey, look at that. Maybe that's what we're looking for.

We approached what looked to be a bunker. I got close to the door

Summer: I don't think we can open it...

I used my Maiden powers to heat the metal.

Cinder: Let me help you. I want to test the Fall a bit.

We started to melt the door until it was possible to enter, no one seemed to be inside the bunker, but people had been there recently. We got on guard as we all knew something was odd. We continued walking through the place, and eventually, we could turn on the lights.

Quill: If this place has energy, they still use this location.

Summer: Let's keep moving. 

We found a big room with a computer in the middle.

Quill: Maybe we can get something from here.

She went to the strange computer and attempted to turn it on. 

Quill: There! Let's see what you have for us.

The screen typed "Initiate System?" and Quill wrote "Yes". Soon it displayed a face. The face started to name us. It knew our full names. What is this thing?

Quill: What the hell, what is this?

Zola: The question is not "what" but "who". You might recognize Arnim Zola.

The soon I heard that name, my body filled with rage, but I had to restrain myself... first we have to interrogate this thing.

Quill: That guy Vasily said HYDRA went low, I want you to specify that. HYDRA should have died with Redskull.

Zola: Fräulein, have you ever heard about the Lernaean Hydra myth? Cut one head, and two more shall take its place.

Quill: I want proof.

Zola: HYDRA believes that human being is not worthy of possessing their own freedom. We did not expect their opposition against us to take their freedom.

I want to destroy every HYDRA left on Remnant.

Zola: At the end of the war, we managed to sneak our way into Atlas Military, and the rest is history. History that we have been tampering to our own advantage. Actions like feeding crisis, allowing Faunus riots, and letting the Grimms do as they please, HYDRA wanted them all. What a chaotic world! It's a matter of time before the improved Atlesian Airship takes action and fulfills the purpose of Project Insight this will be, as you say, "the straw that broke the camel's back" for humanity to surrender its freedom willingly.

Summer: HYDRA is not going to accomplish anything. We will stop anyone who tries.

Zola: Don't you realize you are on the Venus flytrap? You fell right where HYDRA wanted, and so also did your other group.

The doors opened, and soldiers and androids from the Atlas Military breached in.

Rumlow: This is the STRIKE team from Atlas Military! Put your weapons down. You are under arrest! Oh, Ironwood is going to reward us very well for this!

Zola: My time here is up, but yours soon will be too!

The computer shut down.

Rumlow: Come on! Weapons down!

We prepare for battle.

Rumlow: Make our work easier. You won't save him. We still know how to activate the Winter Soldier.

Summer: You all will pay for this.

Rumlow: We won't mind spilling blood.

Summer: Perfect, I don't mind reaping apart some guts.

At Atlas Military prison

Ruby's POV

Weiss told us we were almost there...

Blake: Don't you sense something odd?

Yang: Probably the pressure of breaking in here.

Weiss: Quiet, there he is. Wait... the general is there too.

The general was saying some weird words to (Y/N). I noticed Neo was on guard.

Ruby: Neo?

Neo: "He is HYDRA"

Ironwood: Winter Soldier, you are clear to engage.

The Winter Soldier grabbed a weapon and shot at us. Pyrrha and Jaune used their shield to stop the bullets. Then he used the grenade launcher, we barely dodged it.

Ironwood: We were expecting you as we watched every movement you made.