Ambush

Third-person View

That shot cost Summer almost half Aura...

Raven: They are approaching!

Summer: We have to get out from the other side! Avoid that sniper.

They moved to the front door.

Summer: Quill. How's your luck today? Because it's time to use it to the max.

Quill: Holy shit...! Alright! I can do this.

She went out first. The sniper doesn't have an angle there.

Summer: To the forest! Let's keep the battle away from the town!

They quickly ran for it toward the woods. The sniper spotted them again, but thanks to Quill, the shot missed.

Summer: Nice job!

In the forest.

Summer: Alright... Any idea how we deal with them?

Raven: We should-

She got hit by an explosive bullet and got pushed away.

Crossbones: Surprise! This time there's no escape from me! I've been waiting for this!

He attacks at Summer. She quickly dodged him and attacked back with her battleaxe. Raven quickly dashes at him and slashes him. Crossbones grabs the blade and holds it back.

Raven: Stupid decision being alone!

Suddenly his squad appeared to cover him.

Crossbones: Don't assume that!

He pushed Raven with his gauntlet, threw her a sticky bomb, and quickly jumped back. Raven couldn't take it off and got pushed back again.

Raven: Cheap attack...

Quill went to attack Crossbones' squad. Some of the squad's weapons failed at the moment Quill dashed at them, the ones who managed to shoot failed their shots. Still, the mercenaries have high-quality armor and their aura is durable. Even more, SPEAR appeared to surround the huntresses. Raven went to assist Quill while Summer faced Crossbones.

Crossbones: I'll make you regret messing with HYDRA.

He grabbed Summer by the neck.

Crossbones: You might wanna give up! When I'm done killing you. I'll go get your little boyfriend, to erase you from his memory!

Summer counters Crossbones and straight-up punches him on the mask. With a swift movement, she used her battleaxe to repeatedly slash his head hoping that Crossbones Aura would break soon. Crossbone hit Summer on her stomach with his knee and slashed her with a blade in his gauntlet. Summer quickly draws her shotgun and fires at his head. Summer's Aura it's at its third of capacity while Crossbones is at its half.

Crossbones: C'mon!

A helicopter arrived at the area and dropped to Crossbones the anti aura sniper. Then a mercenary grabbed the mounted minigun from the helicopter to shoot the huntresses. Summer used her semblance to avoid the attacks. Crossbones aimed at Quill with the sniper, but it jammed. Raven continued to slash the mercenaries, but noticing Crossbones' misfortune she dashed at him and struck his arm, then with a backflip kick she made him drop the sniper, the distraction made Crossbones vulnerable, so Raven pushed him back with a lunge attack. Summer quickly grabbed the sniper and went to Quill's position with her semblance. Summer gives her the sniper rifle, and assists her with the upcoming mercenaries, she causes the mercenaries to fall back giving Quill the space to operate the sniper. Quill understood what Summer intended and aimed toward the helicopter. Quill shot at the pilot, a clean headshot! The aircraft lost balance and crashed just on top of an upcoming mercenary squad. The massive recoil from the sniper forces Quill down. The battle odds inverted in the huntress's favor. Quill retook the sniper and aimed at Crossbones, but it was hard to aim since he was battling against Raven. Quill shot at Crossbones, but an unlucky move from Raven made the bullet hit her arm before piercing through Crossbones shoulder.