The reunion

Summer's POV

What could be the reason we are here? Olivia is up to something.

Quill: Hey, Summer. What's the matter?

Summer: Just thinking.

The doors opened. I stood there, shocked.

(Y/N): Hello again. It must have been a while.

I used my semblance only to hug him.

Summer: Bucky?

(Y/N): Yes, Summer?

Summer: I missed you so much.

(Y/N): I missed you all too.

Quill: I'm glad I'm not drunk.

She hugged him. She smells like booze tho. Now Raven stepped in front of him, caressing his cheek.

Raven: So, you are the best example of the survival of the fittest. I bet you got it harsh.

(Y/N): For what I remember, yes.

Summer: You look so young.

(Y/N): Yeah, I couldn't age...

Summer: How?

(Y/N): They froze me, I think. Your daughter's team found me in a cryogenic machine.

I was so happy to see him again that I hadn't noticed his left arm.

Summer: What do you mean ''they''? Why do you have a metal arm? Just like him. (Y/N) are you the Winter Soldier?

(Y/N): There's very much to explain, but also are many things that I don't understand or remember.

Olivia: We will inform you of the situation.

Buck told us Hydra captured, experimented on, and turned him into the Winter Soldier. Olivia said that after the war, he fell into the wrong hands. She says it couldn't have been Hydra. Also (Y/N) doesn't know who were the ones who controlled him.

(Y/N): I don't know who were the objectives I had to take out. However, I have a vague memory that I failed two missions.

Summer: One of them is me, I'm sure of that. We faced each other while I was on an extermination mission seven years ago.

(Y/N): Please tell me more about it. Perhaps I can find more clues.

I told him all we went through that day. I didn't omit anything. I started narrating from him, shooting me to him retreating. I saw Buck trying to remember.

(Y/N): Now I have it in my head. Summer, the Winter Soldier, protected you by instinct. He felt he had to help you because some of my memories of fighting alongside you merged with his mind in the battle against the Grimms.

Summer: Ooh, that's why you or he looked so confused.

(Y/N): So confused that he was thinking about it all the time. Moments before he was frozen, I was able to remember you. That's why I confused you with your daughter. Summer, you were the last target of the Winter Soldier until now.

Olivia: This information is priceless. First, there's a way that you can break free of the brainwashing, and second, you can easily remember your missions if someone tells you the details.

Raven: We can find the ones behind all of this?

Olivia: (Y/N) you told me the Winter Soldier was active for 15 years after the war. (Y/N) there are a lot of unsolved crimes in that specific period. Maybe if I show you some cases, you can find more clues.

(Y/N): Uh, that could work. How are you going to select them?

Olivia: I'll pick the ones that call my attention or fit in the Winter Soldier description, even better if there were witnesses.

(Y/N): Alright, let's give it a shot.

Olivia: Very well. I will take care of collecting the necessary data. It's going to take me like a month. I'm sorry, this process is slow.

(Y/N): I understand. Uh, Olivia, I have a question.

Olivia: Tell me.

(Y/N): May I go home...? If it still exists.

He had a worried tone.

Olivia: Of course. I'll notify a Bullhead. I think it will be ready in a couple of hours. Meanwhile, why don't you go to see the ''future''? I bet there are many things you want to see, and above all, you should relax a little bit.

(Y/N): I don't know. What if I get lost?

Summer: We will go with you. Don't worry.

In Vale

Buck looks a bit confused. It must be hard to get used to the present.

Summer: Buck, are you alright?

(Y/N): Uh, yes, I was only looking at those, uh, robots? It looks like someone is presenting them.

Quill: Ugh, it must be Atlas Military. That one in the middle is Ironwood. Never trust him.

Summer: You make it sound like he is a jerk.

Quill: He is.

We continued walking for a while. Buck seems to be interested in getting a haircut. I suggested he get a modern version of his old hairstyle. I gave him some ideas. I can say that he looked very good with his new haircut.

Summer: You look great!

(Y/N): Thank you, Summer. And also I'll pay you back.

Summer: It's ok, don't worry about that.

Raven: What do we do now?

Quill: Why don't we go to the museum?

Summer: Oh, right! Come on, Bucky, we have something to show you!

In the Museum

(Y/N): The museum has a lot of new things and... hey, that's you three. So, the heroines of the war. I knew you could defeat Johann Schmidt. It must have been a thought fight.

Raven: Oh yeah, but there's one more important thing for you to see.

Bucky turned to see in the direction that Raven pointed. (Y/N) looked surprised.

Quill: Yeah, long ago, we asked if they could make a memorial for you.

(Y/N): You all cared that much about me?

Summer: We brought you here for you to realize that. You are not alone. We'll always be by your side.

Quill: That's right!

Raven: Yeah, what she said.

(Y/N): I'm lucky to have such friends as you. Thank you very much. I mean it.

We all smiled and nodded. Shortly after, Olivia messaged me. Guess it's time to go back.