Doing a favor

Raven's POV

It's been a while since (Y/N) started to help dismantle HYDRA loose ends. I noticed him having a small notebook. He had some names written. I later discovered they were the ones he had some pending matters.

(Y/N): One more off the book, and it still hasn't done anything to the nightmares.

His nightmare happens every night if I'm not keeping him company.

(Y/N): Let's see what's on TV.

Currently, I'm in my bird form with him. He zapped the channels until he saw the news. Apparently, they found the body of the HYDRA guy Summer killed back in Vale. Police suspect that he got killed by a vigilante due to the guy's background.

(Y/N): Hmm... I guess one more name is off the list... but it would have been better if he had been brought to justice instead of just dying unpunished.

Unpunished by the law, but punished by us.

Third-person view.

(Y/N): Wonder how the others are doing. Raven messaged me a while ago that Taskmaster is hunting for the reward.

(Y/N) scroll ringed

(Y/N): Hello? Summer?

Summer: Buck! I was thinking about you.

(Y/N): I kinda was thinking about you too. Is there anything you need?

Summer: Well, besides to know if you are doing fine, I was wondering about the round-looking shield that is here. I came across it while I was cleaning a bit.

(Y/N): What? What about it?

Summer: Y'know, you could use it.

(Y/N): Absolutely not. It belonged to Steve.

Summer: I see... Well, if you change your mind, I could bring the shield to you when I visit you.

(Y/N): Thanks, Summer... but I don't think I will ever use that shield... I cannot carry that weight.

Summer wondered what he meant. The shield for her was light. Soon she realized what (Y/N) meant.

(Y/N): Now that you mention, if you feel ready, you can visit me.

Summer: Really? Then, I should ask Raven for a portal.

Raven, that was on (Y/N) shoulder, flew away.

(Y/N): See you soon then.

Summer: See you, Buck, and I love you.

(Y/N): I love you too.

Summer hung up and looked at the shield.

Summer: So it has a symbolic weight. What makes Buck afraid to carry it?

With (Y/N)

Someone knocked on the door. It was Willow. From time to time, she would ask him to be her bodyguard. These times are either Willow making a business deal or assisting a fancy event.

(Y/N): Willow. Is there something you need?

Willow: Greetings, (Y/N). Yes, I need your help.

(Y/N): New deal?

Willow: More like a problematic buyer.

(Y/N): Alright then, I will put on my suit.

After (Y/N) wore the suit, he hid his handgun under the suit jacket. Then the two traveled to Mantle.