Slipping through my fingers-Nat

A/n:Sorry about all the Nat ones.I just thought of this while watching Mamma Mia and cried Aat the scene where Sophie is getting ready for her wedding and her mother Donna is helping her.I don't know why but it's just a sad scene.Anyways enjoy this one guys.

Lyrics:In this type of text.
Play song before you start reading.
_______________________________________________

Natasha's pov:

School bag in hand,
she leaves home in the early morning.
Waving goodbye,with an amsonminded smile.

Little five-year-old Y/n waved to her mom as she entered the preschool with her best friend Peter. I grinned, tears stinging my eyes as I watched my daughter run in with a giggle.

I watch her go,
with a search of that well known sadness.
And I have to sit down for a while.

The days go by as I watch her run into school with a small grin on her face. It makes me joyful to see her so happy. I love my tiny sunflower.

The feeling that I'm losing her forever.
And without really entering her life.

I remember the times when I was giving her piggyback rides around the compound with Steve tracking after us. And the moments when she wouldn't eat her food and spat it all over Clint. These memories.

I'm glad whenever I share her laughter,
that funny little girl.

The tales she would tell of her and Peter pranking people and the number of times she's told off a teacher. She was just like me. A total rebel.

Slipping through my fingers all the time,
I try to capture every minute.
The feeling in it.
Slipping through my fingers all the time.

I tried to be there for all the special events. Like birthdays. That was not always so but I made it up to her by holding a party after I got back from assignments to make her happy. And it worked.

Do I really see what's in her mind.
Each time I think I'm close to knowing.
She keeps on growing.
Slipping through my fingers all the time.

I was there with her. Watched movies till her head fell on my lap and tiny snores were heard. I beamed and chuckled with her as she developed. One time, I wasn't so fortunate to see her grow up. I had to leave for a two-year mission, missing two birthdays. Her 15th and 16th. The most special. Luckily,  I declared a party to commemorate Y/n being a teenager anyways. Praises to Tony for the decor. It made her happy and she invited Peter and her friends. A particular time I won't forget.

Sleep in our eyes.
Her and me at the breakfast table.
Barely awake,I let precious time go by.

And that was true. She was growing up too fast and I couldn't keep up. The bonuses of being a mother eh?

Then when she's gone.
There's that all mellow caul feeling.
And the sense of guilt I can't deny.

Peters lengthy story short had asked Y/n on a date. I mean we all saw it coming. It was a match. Best friends in love since birth. I helped her get dressed as she dashed out the door to Peter carrying a bouquet and smiling.

What happened to those wonderful adventures.
The places I had planned for us to.
Some of that we did and some we didn't.
And why,I just don't know.

Y/n had an entire billboard schemed out of places around the world she wanted to visit. And most of all she wanted to visit them with me. It made me happy to see her think of the things that we could do in those spots. From theme parks to tourist attractions. It was a terrific thing.

Do I really see what's in her mind.
Each time I think I'm close to knowing.
She keeps on growing.
Slipping through my fingers all the time.

And now was the day I don't think would happen.

Her wedding day.

Peter had proposed and Y/n excitedly said yes. It was a captivating moment as they shared a kiss and then hugged like they would break if they parted.

Do ideally see what's in her mind.
Each time I think I'm close to knowing.
She keeps on growing.
Slipping through my fingers all the time.

(End song)

And now came the time I was helping her get ready. She smiled at me as I adjusted her hairpins.

"Do I think I'm letting you down?"She asked as I looked at her reflection in the mirror confused.

"Letting me down? no Hunny. Why would you think that?"I asked brushed my fingers through her hair.She turned to me.

"I don't know.I just don't want to leave you here.On your own."She sighed. I nodded.

"I'm not alone.I've got the team and you'll definitely be coming to visit me and HEAH maybe even give me some grand kids-"She smacked my arm away playfully as I laughed.She grinned at me in the mirror.I kissed her head softly.

"I love you Y/n.You'll always be my little girl."I mumbled into her head.

"I love you to mom."She said clasping my hand as tears stung our eyes.

This moment was unique.

But what was next was also special.

She was marrying the love of her life.

And I was watching my little girl grow up.