Chapter Seven

Ryan's Point of View

It had been nearly two days since I laid eyes on the mate that I refused to accept. The pain in my chest was unimaginable, I wonder if this is how she felt? Thoughts of her abandoning me come to my mind but how can I think like that when I didn't even acknowledge her as my mind. Hindsight is a peculiar thing, I think back to all my memories that I have of her in my life. I try to hover on the good ones, the ones when we were children and the first and last kiss I had with her. 

Anytime, I think of the bad things I have done to her, the names I had called her, the tears that I caused her, my heart feels like it is going to burst from pain. Reginald's presence elevates some of the pain but I know he is letting me feel the heartbreak, wanting to inflict the same pain on me that I caused her. 

I think of my father and where he might be? I realised that my mother had created a barrier between us, part of me wants to believe she didn't do this on purpose. However the more I think logically and remove emotions from my decisions, the clearer it becomes that she manipulated me into being who she wanted me to be. She didn't love me for who I was, who I wanted to be and that scared me. 

I was dressed in my black fitted suit. I chucked on a black shirt. I needed to play along with whatever games were taking place. The whole Kingdom was in mourning over their 'kidnapped King.' However, when I think back to that moment, I know what I saw and willing walked away from the family, his wolf had made a decision to follow. I just couldn't understand how the man could walk away from his responsibilities as King. It just went against every part of his character. 

The wolf wants what the wolf wants. Alexander understood his role as King but even an Alpha will have different priorities. Reginald answered in my mind. 

Do you think he is safe? I pondered. It was a relief after years of silence hearing Reginald in my mind. 

Yes, I do believe he is. Now Ryan before you speak to anyone, you must not make them aware that I present and that we are communicating. You must continue to act as normal as possible if we are to get the answers that we seek. Reginald commands. 

Okay Reggie, your gonna have to be quiet then. I am not used to being in your mind. Have you managed to make contact with Amira? I ask.

No, she has be blocked and the bond is too weak to penetrate. He replies. 

Well while I'm dealing with my mother, keep trying that will keep you distracted and out of my mind. 

Fine, but be strong and be careful. He nodded. 

I strode through the pack house, my head was head high. I omitted the power of Prince and I felt the guards and omegas turn in the opposite direction. They were unusually fearful this morning, I could smell it in the air. They were both scared and frightened by my presence. I wondered if they were always like this? Or if this is something new? Have I been out of touch with the people that I had sworn to protect? I furrowed my brow and masked the frown that was slowly creeping onto my face. 

I reached our home's dining room where everyone appeared to be seated. The only changes were the seating plan, mother was sat in father's seat and Alpha Sloan and Luna Sheridan were sat on her left, my uncle was sat on my mother's right. Elisha was sat at the seat to my left at the opposite end of the table as she looked to be playing with the food that was on her plate. 

"Good morning everyone." I greeted. Elisha's gaze snapped to me, she had a bright smile on her face. Her persona had completely changed since the disappearance of Leyla. I could see that she was relaxed and far too comfortable for my liking.