Chapter Thirty Three

Alpha Rita's Point Of View

"Kick harder Leyla." I shout. 

Leyla's leg pushes high and kicks the punching bag which is hanging from the tree. The tree is one that is sturdy and should be able to support the force of which Leyla is kicking. The branches sway but the roots are strong enough to with hold the pressure. 

"Now punch." I command. 

Leyla starts to do rapid punches, swift and quick. Her aim is on point, she has a mean right hook. She is strategic in her movements, she is one with the flow of her jabs. The more I watch, the more determination I see in her actions. She reminds me of myself when I was first starting out. The only difference is she is stronger, she is more flexible. 

The more I watch, the more hope I have that she will be able to win the upcoming war. I sense a change in the tide. I think that was the reason for Hera's visit. She wanted to cause a rift between us, she wanted our bonds to weaken. The only thing has done is allow the truth to come out. In a way I am glad she told her because I would have no idea how to approach the subject. 

Hera. Every time I think about her, I truly think of the mess she has created. She nearly cost me my daughter. When Leyla succumbed to her words, she went to a place which is very dangerous to return from. Only the strongest of wolves who have been able to pull away from the darkness. I remember my time in there, it's a place created from our worst fears. Although Leyla was able to be savaged from their with the aid of my spirit wolf, it worries me that the darkness has touched her soul. 

Hera was smart in her movements, for us humans were like a game of chess for her. She wanted revenge against Selene and the way to her was through the children she had created. Selene had visited me on many occasions, often supporting through times when I needed hope. The only problem is that I know I am missing part of the story between them both. Selene has given me snippets of their history, but not enough to understand what Hera is aiming to achieve. I know that Hera is responsible for the founders of The Order. She is the start of all this mess. A part me is worried for Leyla because despite being the future ruler of werewolves, she is also the Goddess' warrior. That in itself is a title to be worried about. 

Leyla is alternating from high kicks to low kicks, then she mixes her movements with quick and swift movements. She is talented and she is a fighter. I watch Alex who is on the other side of Leyla. He is nothing but smiling at her with pride. We both are experiencing the same emotions at this, both us feel awe and pride in her performance. Alex has definitely helped with her fighting technique and I hate to admit it but he still has the moves and strength of a King. 

I never doubted his leadership, I just doubt his ability as a mate. Will he able to watch Lamia die at my hands when the time comes? I know Carson has reason to believe that Leyla will be the one to kill his mate, but truth be told no one is taking that away from me. Not even my daughter. I have a score to settle with that witch and I will not have anyone stand in the way of my revenge. She destroyed countless lives with her selfishness for power.

Leyla's power is also started to surface, I can feel it linger. My concern is how she is going to tap into this safely. When she flung me across the room a part of me wanted to throttle my daughter for her actions, the other part of me was proud of the strength she has. I don't know whether Leyla is aware but I know my wolf is communicating with hers. My wolf has advised me that Amira has accepted the familial bond with both of her parent's wolf, it is Leyla who is apprehensive. 

I can't really blame her though can I? I mean everyone she has loved has let her down in some way. Whether it was their fault or not. Her parents were robbed of her childhood, her mate has chosen someone else over her, Nona was murdered because she saved Leyla. Of course she's going to have trust issues.