Chapter Twenty Six

Leyla's Point Of View

Strolling through the pack grounds was relaxing, the night sky was twinkling with little lights that littered across the sky. The wind was whistling and for the first time since Nona had passed I felt at peace. I closed my eyes and could remember the stories that she told me when I was a pup. She had this way of turning history into children stories. I remembered my little face being filled with awe as she spoke. She was the best story teller. 

I sat by a near by stream that was on the outskirts of the land, it was so serene here. The water was clear and the sounds washed by. The sounds were calming I could feel my troubles rinse away. When I lived in the Royal Pack, I never felt like I fit in. I always felt like an outcast, the only person who took that feeling away was Nona she was my home. She was my mother in every shape and form. 

The words that Rita spilled about The order kept running through my mind. I was confused about how I was part of the solution to stop them. They seemed far too powerful and if what Rita said was true, then were they the cause of Amira and Reginald's separation. A part of me wanted to blame Ryan for everything but after speaking with Rita I got this sense that there was a bigger picture that I was missing. 

I couldn't deny that I felt stronger and faster than I did before. I mean I had never been a weak wolf. I was always top of my class but even then I always withheld my power. Nona always warned me to be mindful about how I showed my powered. She always expressed that it was better to be humble and to conceal the power because there would always be someone jealous or envy of the strength that I held. It was the first time she hinted that she had abilities. I never knew to what extent her power was but I knew that she was gifted with this weird third sense. She could always sense trouble brewing. 

I was last in my thoughts when a figure started to appear out the water. There was ethereal glow about her. Her brown hair was cascading down her black, her skin was tanned she looked exotic. As she ascended from the water, she stood tall and proud. She wasn't wet from the water but she looked like she was floating. I rubbed my eyes, thinking that I was dreaming but when I removed my hands she was walking across the water.

"Well aren't you a precious little thing." She hummed. Her feet carried across the water, the ripples was her feet gently caressed the water. 

I looked around, trying to observe if there was anyone around but I was on my own. I gestured with my hands confirming that she was speaking to me and she wasn't part of my imagination. Her eyes were a storming white colour, she almost looked as if she was possessed. She was dripped in gold necklaces and gem rings covered each of her fingers. She looked majestic but there was something unsettling about her presence. 

"Yes I am talking to you girl." She mused. "No I am not a part of your imagination." She chuckled. 

"Who...Who are you?" I asked hesitantly. 

I don't like her Leyla... She isn't to be trusted. Be cautious. Amira warned in the back of my mind. I could hear her quietly growl at the woman in front of us. 

"Ah isn't that a question. Who am I? Who are you?" She said in a puzzling tone. 

"Are you always like this? Answering a question with a question." I snipped. 

"No dear, but I do like to people to use their brains and work out my riddles." She replied as she reached the ground in front of me. She was an arm's length away bit she looked down on me, I could see the slight contempt in her gaze. She seemed irritated by my presence but I couldn't understand why when I had never met her before. 

I sat silently as she looked at me. My amber eyes didn't waver from her clouded white iris'. She had a small smirk on her face as she looked me. "It's interesting that Selene choose you my dear. You aren't as strong as I was expecting." She taunted.