Chapter Sixteen

Alpha Reaper's Point Of View

"Lily" he whimpered. 

The name that I had refused to use for the years that I had hid in the shadows. When the Moon Goddess granted me life, I embraced my life as my wolf. I named myself Rita Reaper. Rita was my wolf's name and Reaper seemed befitting because I would ensure that I did everything I could to make sure Lamia reaped was she sowed. 

"Ah a name I haven't heard in years Alex." I chuckled darkly. I didn't want him to know the effect he had on me, the effect he had on my wolf by saying my name. His voice calling to me in my dreams had tormented me for many years. A small part of my wolf felt pity for the man in front of me, but I pushed that back. This man had ruined my life and he allowed an evil group to infiltrate his pack. He does not realise the lives he has ruined. His decision has caused a ripple through our existence. The family who identify themselves as royal have no royal blood in them. Except for this man. 

"Lily, it can't be you. Your eyes are different. They are not the hazel with amber flecks in them. How have you changed so much?" He whispered with disbelief. 

"Things change when you are touched and blessed by the Moon Goddess. If I was still the same as the way you left me, I would be riddled with scars wouldn't I?" I scoffed at his ignorance. 

He stared at me for the first time in over twenty years. I made sure to block my side of the mate bond because I did not want to feel his emotions. My wolf was highly sensitive and tuned to other's wolves. We had an innate ability to empathise with the emotions of other's and I knew deep down in my bones that he did not deserve that response. He deserved to feel my pain. 

"How does it feel Alexander? Not only are you ruthless enough to kill your own mate but you also killed your own child?" I spat venomously at him. 

His eyes burst with tears, his chest started heaving, I could see that he was wrecked with guilt. I was satisfied at the reaction I had caused him, I enjoyed seeing him sob. For many years, I wasted my tears on him, I watched in silence as he and his bitch raised her devil spawn of a child. That's when the darkness would overthrow me, I was lost in grief at that the child I had lost while he carried on living in happiness, even if it was a lie. 

"Lily, what you're saying, please tell me it's not true?" He sobbed. 

I said nothing. I knew his wolf would tell him that I wasn't lying and that everything he believed was a lie. Down to the child he was raising, the child that he loved dearly. He was nothing but a fake. I wanted him to wallow in his grief and guilt, I wanted him to feel the pain that I lived with. It was time for him to feel the ultimate betrayal. I couldn't help myself, I wanted to rub the salt in the wound. 

"Would you like me to lie to you like your sweet Lamia?" I laughed. "Oh Alex, I'm guessing you realise that Ryan isn't even your own son. You not only killed our child but you deprived a dear friend of mine the life of being a father. Tsk Tsk, you know I question our pairing each and everyday and I wonder if the Moon Goddess made a mistake in making you my mate, because you and Lamia truly deserve each other." 

"Lily, you have to believe me I didn't know that-" I held my hand up to stop him from speaking. 

"Alexander, I know you didn't know Ryan wasn't your son. The problem I have with you, is you were too weak and foolish to seek the advice of your parents to help you. They were kind, loving and intelligent. Your mother wasn't fooled. You are the one that allowed that poison to seep through the Kingdom. You created the opportunity for it to happen." I interrupted.

"How did she get away with pretending to be my mate?" He asked. I could hear the demand in his tone. My wolf was displeased at the lack of respect he was showing, but I had to let it slide.