Chapter Nine

Alpha Reaper's Point Of View

I had just taken Leyla to one of the guest homes in the pack house when I made my way to my office. The pack house was always busy, there were a lot of teenagers, woman and men hustling through the hallways and lounge. The pack house was designed to be an open space, the kitchen the lounge was large and open. There were large sofas that filled the room, book cases were placed around the room filling the walls, the windows were always open with lace nets that wished in the breeze. The kitchen was large, with industrial ovens and fridges. We hunted and grew our own food and meals were cooked and left for anyone in the pack.

The kitchen was often filled with aromas of different cuisines and it filled the room, often making me hungry. The house was always filled with chatter and laughter and was a communal space where many joined together. There were no restricts other than if anyone decided to get physical, then they would have to take it outside. It was rare when that happened and often people just needed to get their frustration out. It was never anything serious because we weren't just a pack we were a family.

I made my way to my desk where there was a stack of paperwork. Although I had only been absent a few days, I had left at an integral time meaning that the danger to my pack would only increase since the death of Nona. I sighed looking around my office space, it wasn't any thing fancy, a lot of the furnishings were things that were abandoned and fixed up. My desk was a light oak colour, with numerous scratches and dents but it was sturdy. The walls in my office were filled with pictures of my pack members at different events, Christmas and Easter were always my favourite.

Although we were wolves, we still maintained our humanity and we celebrated the usual human events. It was always a time for sharing and love for the family. I loved my pack and over the years I built myself up from their comfort and support. I tried to hold onto that feeling as my wolf was scratching and clawing her way to the surface, desperate to see her mate. I groaned at her impatience I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in" I said as I started looking through the paperwork that was on my desk.

"Alpha Reaper" a tall figure said, one with a voice that I could never forget.

"Ah, Gamma Reaper" I nodded as I finished looking at the paperwork on my desk. I looked up and gave him a small smirk "When have you ever given me such a formal greeting brother." 

"Rita, we have a guest and I thought formalities were a must." My brother said as he made his way to my desk and pulled me to his side and scuffed my head. 

"Pack it in will you." I pushed him away and looked at him. Reed was taller than me and he had the same black hair that I had. It was shabby but he looked good. He was wearing his usual attire, black cargo shirts and a simple white t-shirt. His muscles were showing on his arms and his chest was bulging through the white cotton wrapped around his torso. "When you going to learn to wear bigger tops, it looks like your top is going to combust. 

My beta who was stood by the door leaning against it's frame started laughing. It was heavy and deep, I could tell that he found our spats amusing. He had blonde hair but it was short. I knew he cut it regularly, he had these deep brown chocolate eyes that any woman could get lost in. The stubble on his chin only added to his attractive features. He was slightly smaller than my brother but he was deadly in combat. His strikes were notorious, he was known for being a viper in the fighting ring. 

"Shut up will ya'! The ladies love it." Reed replied as he started gesturing to his body, flexing his muscles. I couldn't help but feel my nose wrinkle in discuss. Like I needed to know about his affairs with the ladies. "Carson over there is just jealous he can't get as many ladies as me, so don't take his laughter as him agreeing with you. I look handsome and you know it." He finished as he tapped my nose with his middle finger.