Chapter Fifteen

King Alexander's Point Of View

I stood staring at the woman who was turning my world upside. She was beautiful, I couldn't deny that, her skin looked soft and milky, her eyes were a silver colour that I would have mistaken them for twinkling stars. Her lips were pouty and thick. Everything about her said she was soft and womanly but the looks and glares she gave me were harden and cold. 

My wolf had been howling in head my head all night, screaming at me to seek our mate. Everything about him was uneasy and on edge, it gave me a headache. I thought he was taking about Lamia but whenever I thought about her he growled creating a queasy feeling in my stomach. 

It wasn't until the woman who identified herself as Alpha Reaper did he calm down, I wanted to hurt her, she kidnapped me and took me away from my family. However whenever the thought passed my mind, my wolf stopped me. He was in awe with the woman in front of him. It was like I was experiencing a drought, a thirst and she was my only source of water. 

When she visited the first time, she told me to speak with my wolf for answers. He just told me to trust her. I remember scoffing at him, thinking that he was in lust with the power that was radiating from the woman in front of him. Whenever I had those thoughts, he caused me pain. I couldn't understand it. It wasn't until she entered the second time that my wolf whispered impossible words, "mate." How could this woman be my mate? I had never seen her before. My mate was at my pack lands with my son. It just didn't make sense. 

When she said "Are you ready to hear a story Alexander? Are you prepared for what I tell you because I warn you, it will break your soul and tear you into pieces. No matter what you say or do, will not change my perspective." I swear I could hear my wolf whimper in pain. I knew then whatever she said was going to turn my world upside down. I was conflicted on whether to trust the stranger in front of me. It was then that I remembered my wolf telling me to trust her that I took a deep breath and asked her to tell me her story. The anticipation was building as I saw the small smirk grace her lips and she started to speak. 

"Very well." She said. "Many years ago there was a good King and Queen, they ruled over their people with justice and grace. There were no wars, no pain for the wolves they ruled. They were just and fair. The Queen was a kind and benevolent ruler. She was loved by all. They had a good a true and honest pack and they even had a child."

"That child grew up being loved and cared for by the King and Queen they taught him well, he had good morals. Or so the Kingdom thought." She winked at me as she took a stride to a chair that was in the corner, she sunk into it like she was at home. "The Queen hosted many events that encouraged the kingdom to meet together and build relations, one of them was the camps for the teenagers."

"There were a group of friends, they were all connected in some form or another. It was there that the Queen's son met his mate." My thoughts were racing, was she talking about me and Lamia meeting? "The son and his mate spent a lot of time together, he smelt her scent, he fell in love." She smiled sadly. "Unfortunately for the son, the scent he smelt didn't belong to the woman who he was claiming as his mate. For the Royal Family didn't realise that there was a threat hanging over their head and the son had foolish fell into the trap."

"He soon mated with the she-wolf claiming to be his mate, but he didn't mark her. His wolf refused. The son didn't question why, he was too prideful in his youth. He didn't know better. One would assume that he never felt the tingles, the flames that would dance across his skin. But what would I know I'm not him." She let out a sad laugh. I could hear her pain laced in her voice. 

"It wasn't until he stumbled across a young-she wolf, she was from a visiting pack. She was very shy and timid. He met her when the moon was at it's highest. It was then that they looked into each other's eyes and whispered mate. She felt alive, her eyes watered with happiness. For the young she-wolf was excited and had dreamed about meeting her mate since she was a pup." She smiled sadly.