Chapter Ten

King Alexander's Point Of View

The floors were plain, there was nothing to stare at but concrete. There was no windows that let in any natural light, there was just a single bulb which hung from the ceiling. I couldn't tell you how long I had been trapped inside this room. I couldn't even comprehend how I came to be here. I felt hazy when I first woke up, feeling myself drift in and out of sleep. 

When I came to my senses and things became clearer I tried to escape. I punched and hit the four walls, looking for an escape, a pressure point. I tried to push the large door open, to only be burned harshly by the silver it was laced with. I knew I was trapped with no way out. There was nothing I could do. 

I transformed into my wolf, hoping he would be able to help us escape for him to be rendered useless. He just sat on his back legs and did nothing, he refused to speak with me, he refused to do anything. All I do was feel his emotions which were a tirade of things - pain, anger, sadness and finally anticipation. His anticipation was laced with happiness. It was something I didn't understand, he was kidnapped and he didn't seem to care. 

There was a large double bed in the room it was soft and had a large blanket that laid across it, there was nothing threatening about my stay other than it was against my will. There were a couple of books that were littered across the room, they had been some of my favourite as a teenager. I loved the classics, the one that caught my eye was Moby Dick. I remember my mother reading it to me when I was a wee boy. 

I couldn't help myself so I transformed back to my human form and picked the book up and laid across the book and started to read. I don't know how long I laid there, getting in lost in the words of the story. I was enjoying it, it was the first time I had felt relaxed, I could almost hear my mother's voice speak the words. Despite being hidden away from my Kingdom, I wasn't worried. I was relaxed after so many years. 

I was broken out of my trance by a small cough. My eyes snapped to the figure who was stood by the closed door. It was the same woman who came to the Royal Hall after Nona had been killed. She stood tall but she was leaning against the wall with her arms folded. Her hair was no longer pulled back into a ponytail but hung loosely by her sides. Her face was clean and clear, her eyes were a sparkly silver colour. She was dressed in black jeans and a white tank top that showcased her curves. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. 

She looked at me as if she was peering into my soul. I could see the mirage of emotions scrolling through her face. She looked different to the powerful woman who I saw at the Royal Hall, she looked carefree but troubled, her beauty was something natural but worldly. Part of me wanted to scream at her, destroy her for taking me away from my home and duties. However, the bigger part of me wanted to sit quietly and stare at her beauty. Enjoy the comfort of her company. 

"Alexander." She nodded. "It's good to see you again." She said without moving from her position. 

Her voice was like velvet, it was soft and made my skin trickle with goosebumps, it was like a hummingbird was singing to me. There was something so surreal about her that I couldn't understand what was happening to me. Where was my wolf? Why wasn't he angry? Why did I only feel nothing but his contentment from being in her company.

"What the hell is going on? What the hell have you done to my wolf?" I shouted. I couldn't help the anger that boiled inside me. I couldn't feel anything but betrayed by my wolf for his reaction to the woman who had kidnapped me. 

She chuckled. "Tsk. Tsk. That's no way to treat a host, I thought Royals had more manners than that." She replied. 

"I am not a guest, I have been kidnapped!" I tried to push the authority of Alpha King through my voice but my wolf dismissed my need to get this woman to submit. "You will release me!" I tried to command her but all she did was laugh harder. 

"Oh dear, oh dear. Still the temper I see." She tutted. I could see she was amused at my failed attempt at commanding her to released me causing my rage to escalate. "Let's get a few things straight shall we? We wouldn't want there to be any misunderstandings would we?" She mused. 

I could feel my hand clench into fists, my nails digging into my palms. I could feel the slight trickle of blood where I had pierced the skin. She furrowed her brow at my fists, her response confused me. She seemed worried by the pain that I was inflicting on myself but her expression quickly hardened as she stared directly into my eyes as I continued to glare at her in silence. 

"Well, seeing as you have nothing to say. I'll do the talking, shall I?" Her voice echoed through the room. "Firstly, I didn't kidnap you. Your wolf followed me willingly. How would a measly woman such as myself be able to kidnap the big bad Alpha King?" She taunted. 

Her words were familiar but I couldn't understand where they came from. Her words pierced my chest with pain, I tried to search my mind for an interaction with the woman in front of me and I could find nothing, it was like a blank canvas. 

"Well if I am not kidnapped, then you can let me go?" I questioned. 

"No. You can't leave I'm afraid. You are needed here." She replied. 

"And where is here?" 

"You Alexander are at the Mallapers' compound." She explained. 

The Mallapers. There name had lingered throughout the Kingdom and caused nothing but fear across the land. They were known to work in the shadows and no one knew where they were or what they were doing. Everyone believed that they were kidnapping wolves, torturing them, killing them. Over the years I had dismissed this as nothing but a rumour and a children's story. But here I am, trapped in their compound. I chuckled. 

"Something funny?" She asked as she raised her eyebrow.

"Yes, I never thought the Mallapers were a risk and here I am. Trapped in your prison." I spat out in anger at my stupidity. I should have never dismissed a risk to the Kingdom. 

"Now, now Alexander there's no need to get your knickers in a twist, we are no threat to the Kingdom." She replied. 

"Then who are you and why have you trapped me here?!" I shouted. 

She huffed out a sigh and pushed herself off the wall. Her back was straight and she stood tall as she looked at me in pity and anguish. 

"I am Alpha Reaper, leader and Alpha to the Mallaper's. I am not going to harm you Alexander."

"It's King to you." I interrupted as I spat the words out. She sighed and looked to the ceiling.

"Alexander, the reason you are is because you are needed. You will not be physically harmed. You are trapped here until you can be trusted. As to who I am, you should be to your wolf. He knows who and what I am." She said. Despite my anger and frustration, she remained calm and passive. I couldn't sense or smell any fear radiating off her skin. 

"My wolf? What has my wolf got to do with this?" I demanded. 

"You are not ready for that conversation yet Alexander. You already have the answers to your questions. I'm afraid if I tell you, you won't believe me." She sighed. 

"How am I meant to get answers if I can't leave this godforsaken room!" I shouted. 

"Like I said you already have the answers, you just need your wolf to help you. When he does then I will give you the answers to the questions that only I can answer." She says cryptically. "Until then my Beta will bring you want you need." She continues. "However do not abuse my hospitality and if you try to escape, well you will come back running." She chuckles. 

I push myself of the bed to sprint after her, but my wolf halts my movements. My feet feel like they are glued to the floor. No matter how much I will myself to chase after, to escape and get my freedom, my wolf refuses. It's then that she slips out the door and closes it behind her. 

It's then that I notice, the fresh water and food on the small table in the far corner. My thoughts are racing about the mysterious Alpha who I had never met. How long has she been hiding in my Kingdom? How did the group spend years hiding? What does she mean that I already know the answers to the questions I have?

I groan and throw myself into the bed, thinking about my mate and child, praying to the Moon Goddess that she helps them survive and find me.