Chapter Thirty Four

Leyla's Point Of View

My body contorted, my limbs broke and stretched as I transformed into my wolf. I could feel Amira humming through my bones, she was trying to soothe me, comfort me, ease my troubles but all she kept doing was hitting an indestructible wall. I didn't deserve to be comforted. I was a monster with powers that I didn't deserve. I felt unworthy, I felt out of control and the worst part is that I loved the taste of the power the oozed from my fingertips.

It was like a thick nectar that ran down my throat, as my parents spoke those shameless words all I wanted to do was kill them, maim them from speaking truths that my heart already knew. I felt no guilt as I held Alexander by his throat, I felt empowered and strong. I wanted to feel like that for the rest of my life. I didn't want to feel like the poor little Orphan girl who was naive and believed in fate and mates anymore. 

Please Leyla, you are better than this. You are smarter than this. You know they didn't mean what they said. You know they love you. You are wanted. Stop acting like a child. They know you didn't mean to hurt him. Amira huffed out. 

That's the thing Amira, you can feel my emotions, you know I wanted to hurt them. I replied. 

Amira was silent as my truthful confession spilled through the bond. How could my life have gotten so fucked up? I had lost the woman who I saw as a mother and in response I had gained two parents that I never wanted. This power that I yielded, it scared me. The taste of the power was deliciously addictive. There was nothing more than I wanted than to taste it again. Was this what Selene was warning me about? Was I already using my powers for the wrong reasons. 

I closed my eyes as I halted at the River where Hera had appeared before me. I know deep down that she was trouble, I could sense her aura. It was filled with nothing but envy, vengeance and anger. However, no matter how much I tried, I couldn't ignore her words. They lingered and sung in my ear like a whisper. I could tell you was being truthful in offering me a family that could give me everything that I desired. But that's the thing, my heart was so broken and overwhelmed by everything that I didn't even know what I wanted anymore. 

Did I truly want the mate that preferred another? Did I want the father who had chosen a woman who wasn't his mate, who to this date had made my life hell? And what about the mother who sacrificed me to live? So many questions roamed through my mind and I truly felt like I was going to have a breakdown at any point. The more this power festered, the more unstable I felt. 

I sighed and looked up to an empty sky. There were no stars just clouds that roamed the air above. I grasped the Amulet that I was given by the Goddess, holding it tightly in my hand. Ever since she appeared in my dream, nothing has been the same. I felt the burden lay on my shoulders. I laid on my belly and placed my head on my paws and whimpered. 

Leyla, I know you are hurting. I know you feel like we are being punished, but you are strong, you are independent and you are everything that Nona would be proud of. Amira comforts. 

Really? She'd be proud of me trying to kill the king. I scoff. 

No. Amira laughed. But she would be proud of you for defending yourself against those lies they told. Remember what she told you, don't let her death be in vain.

How do I control this power, I feel like I am wired like a short fuse ready to explode. I don't feel comfortable weirding this power. I love how it feels but I'm scared of it. What it makes me want to do. I whimper. 

Let me help you Leyla, we are stronger as one. Amira replied. I gave her a tight nod, hoping that she would be better at using this power. Empty your mind, forget everything and everyone. Find your centre. Listen to my voice, become one with my voice. We are stronger together than we are alone. 

The Mallapers Are Rising: A Rejected Werewolf StoryOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara